Initializing control...
Zero uninitialized data...
BBU check: 10m found.
ROM check: found.
RAM check: found.
Copy code to RAM
Moving stack.
Launching application.

Then the control stops. The screen contiues to have the above messages on it. Has anyone ever experienced this? If so how did you fix the problem. It seem like the operating system isn't loading.

Tim

Does it ever load?
What if you cycle power?
Have you contacted the HFO?

Hey SeymourDumore

It ran on Saturday. Now only gets as far as shown in my post. The Rugular Haas screen never starts

I cycled it on & off a few times

No I haven't contacted HFO yet. I just discovered the problem tonight. I was hoping its a quick fix and not something I have to get a tech in to fix. $ is real tight.

Can't say as I have ever seen that. It does not sound good.

Give them a call at Allendale. They generally will try and help you out over the phone.

Hopefully it will just need the software reloaded or something.

Good luck and keep us posted.

....I just discovered the problem tonight.....

Try my quick fix, which works sometimes when the problem is a bad connection, thump as hard as you can on the side of the controller back with the flat of your hand.

Doesn't work every time but my SuperMiniMill has something loose in the manual pulse generator wiring and everytime the axes stop moving when I turn the jog handle that is all I do. Some day it will not work and then I will call for a tech to come and fix it.

Seen it

I have had the same problem on a VF-1 I had to cut power to the entire machine for at least five minutes at the main bus, turn the main bus on then the machine and walk away untill it loaded some time it takes a while to load/reboot system. Good luck.

I had a 2006 TM-1 that did the same thing. It was under warrantee and the tech installed a new updated version of the operating software. I want to say it took him a few hours and we downloaded it through the haas website's service portal.

I have had the same problem on a VF-1 I had to cut power to the entire machine for at least five minutes at the main bus, turn the main bus on then the machine and walk away untill it loaded some time it takes a while to load/reboot system. Good luck.

I'll give this a try. I'm crossing my figures

Try my quick fix, which works sometimes when the problem is a bad connection, thump as hard as you can on the side of the controller back with the flat of your hand.

Doesn't work every time but my SuperMiniMill has something loose in the manual pulse generator wiring and everytime the axes stop moving when I turn the jog handle that is all I do. Some day it will not work and then I will call for a tech to come and fix it.

Well I swore at it alot thats a start :-)

I had a 2006 TM-1 that did the same thing. It was under warrantee and the tech installed a new updated version of the operating software. I want to say it took him a few hours and we downloaded it through the haas website's service portal.

Unfortunately, the machine is off warrenty. Calling a tech is last resort

I have a problem with my Haas TM2. When I turn it on this is what I get:

Copyright 2005 Haas Automation

Initializing control...
Zero uninitialized data...
BBU check: 10m found.
ROM check: found.
RAM check: found.
Copy code to RAM
Moving stack.
Launching application.

Then the control stops. The screen contiues to have the above messages on it. Has anyone ever experienced this? If so how did you fix the problem. It seem like the operating system isn't loading.

Tim H. This may be off track, but is the machine paid for? How many hours are on the machine's run time? Haas has different levels of run time which is determined by how much of the machine is paid for. With a 2005, I would assume that it's paid for, "but", has a "Haas" technician ever come in to reset "or" apply the override code which allows the machine to run forever? Just trying to think outside the box. If you call your HFO, they may even talk you through this over the phone with the proper code. :cheers:

Tim...A phone call to Haas HFO cost nothing other then your time.

Many times I think I am in for a huge expence and they have been able to walk me thru a fix.

If they jump to the "Service Call" responce ask them if there is "Anything" you can check yourself. Ask if you can help diagnose so they bring the right stuff...yeah I know the ads say they have everything in "That Haas Van", but it has been my experience that many times they do not...so if they are coming it is best to make sure they bring what they need.

If it is something that can only be taken care of by Haas, you still have the option to put that Service Call on hold. Ask for a quote and see what you are in for.

I have Haas machines because I have found there service to be top notch when I need, and thankfully that is not too often.

Good Luck

Tim H. This may be off track, but is the machine paid for? How many hours are on the machine's run time? Haas has different levels of run time which is determined by how much of the machine is paid for. With a 2005, I would assume that it's paid for, "but", has a "Haas" technician ever come in to reset "or" apply the override code which allows the machine to run forever? Just trying to think outside the box. If you call your HFO, they may even talk you through this over the phone with the proper code. :cheers:

Yes machine is paid for. I did call the Haas tech. He tried to help over the phone but wee didn't get very far. Tech comes tomorrow. They the think they just have to reinitialize the machine. My guessm that mean some software is messed up Hopefully it won't cost too much.

Tim...A phone call to Haas HFO cost nothing other then your time.

Many times I think I am in for a huge expence and they have been able to walk me thru a fix.

If they jump to the "Service Call" responce ask them if there is "Anything" you can check yourself. Ask if you can help diagnose so they bring the right stuff...yeah I know the ads say they have everything in "That Haas Van", but it has been my experience that many times they do not...so if they are coming it is best to make sure they bring what they need.

If it is something that can only be taken care of by Haas, you still have the option to put that Service Call on hold. Ask for a quote and see what you are in for.

I have Haas machines because I have found there service to be top notch when I need, and thankfully that is not too often.

Good Luck

Thanks Sim. Yes we talked about the symptoms over the phone. They are bringing parts along but they seemed pretty sure it just needed to be reinitialized. As I mentioned in the above post I'm pretty sure this means soeftware in the machine got corupted somehow. I'll post again to give an update.....Tim

Bummer...I was hoping for a quick over the phone fix.

If any cancellation you could have checked and checked for hours and not gotten any further.

Hopefully it is a painless service call...

Bummer...I was hoping for a quick over the phone fix.

If any cancellation you could have checked and checked for hours and not gotten any further.

Hopefully it is a painless service call...

Well painless is relative :-(

So My machine is up and running. Processor board crapped out. $3600 for the board and probably $1200 for service call. He spent 2 1/2 hrs rapairing plus travel time.

Now here is the kicker. They didn't have the right board for the TM2. So they put in a simlar board that runs faster. OK fine, I won't notice the speed but the machine is down so I go for it. The new board has a USB port on it. I'm thinking great I won't have to mess with the serial port anymore. Well do you think the USB port has been enabled? Of course not. So I paid for the USB port but I can't use it. So it cost me $5000 to have it fixed. Also I was told in the beginning that the board would run about $1600 but since they didn't have the right board I had to get the high dollar one. It probably would have been a wash if I ordered the correct ( cheaper ) board because it would meant another service call. And they didn't use any Vaseline. Ouch. Not a happy camper today. I going to call Allendale Tuesday and see why the USB isn't enabled. Tech ( I don't blame him for anything ) said it would need a software update to get the USB port running.

Tim

Are you sure about that $3600????
Sounds awfully high from Haas!
I was once told the board costs were somewhere in the neighborhood of $1200 for the control + sw. upgrade cost if I was to upgrade to the next level of SW which requires the next board level.
ARe you sure they did not charge you for a software upgrade as well?????

I agree with Seymoure. That sounds out in left field for that repair. It will be worth a call to find out if it is correct. I'm thinking it should be closer to 2K total. They are nice folks at Allendale. If you have to ask to speak with Andy or Marty and exlpain what happened. Chances are they will work with you. I had Andy talk me through a board replacement over the phone at 5:30 on a Friday night.

Good luck.

Tim

Are you sure about that $3600????
Sounds awfully high from Haas!
I was once told the board costs were somewhere in the neighborhood of $1200 for the control + sw. upgrade cost if I was to upgrade to the next level of SW which requires the next board level.
ARe you sure they did not charge you for a software upgrade as well?????

I'll double check the invoice. The tech didn't mention any software upgrade. As I mentioned, the new board has a USB port. My old board didn't. Problem is the USB port is disabled, so it got me no where. I'll double check the invoice tomorrow when I get to shop. I'm sure the board was $3600, and then 3 hrs to install it & install the software. Plus travel time another 2.5 hrs. I'm not sure if the 2.5 hrs is one way or not. He had 8 hrs on the invoice. Hourly rate is $120. So thats $960 in labor. So I'm at $4560. At this point I'm pretty disenchanted.

Back