What's new
What's new

VF3 coolant reservoir

RFD

Aluminum
Just curious to get some input from you guys on a problem I'm having...

My VF3 doesn't use coolant all that often (lots of model foam machining, etc). I am looking for a slick way to seal up the 55gal reservoir to keep potentially sponge-like debris out. Home made 'shower cap"? Specifically, I would like something to cover up all the holes on the reservoir sheet metal joints that is easily removable for when coolant is used.

Thanks!

I wish I could roll it away, we don't have too much room. It lives under there and only comes out for cleaning/coolant changes. I'm thinking some sort of shower cap type thing. Maybe like a loose fitting rowboat cover?

I had a VF-3 and the coolant drained out in one spot at left front. Can't you just put a plate or something over the screen?
It isn't the main coolant drain as it is all of the other holes/gaps in the sheet metal covers on the reservoir.

Id imagine your local awning and shade company can make something up out of canvas or whatever material you want. Something with a drawstring or elastic.
We just had some custom covers made for our evaporation coolers and they weren't too pricey.

RFD, ifs the only area you need to cover up is the drain holes, then maybe a piece of magnetic sheeting would fit the bill. The material is pretty thin and flexible - usually used for magnetic vehicle signs and such. I think McMaster has small amounts pretty cheap. Cut to fit, place over the holes and vacuum up your foamy stuff before coolant use.

Steve

Back