What's new
What's new

Never seen this model

Looks like a neat little machine. Clearly a Haas version of a Robodrill or Brother machine. I bet they'll sell boatloads of the things. Too bad the base of it is a weldment instead of a casting.

As I understand it it will be released next month.
Got a call from my HFO yesterday and said it will be on the next open house.

Other than that.... I was hoping for the re-introduction of the MiniLathe...

Too bad. Sure wish they listen tough...:wall:

Yea, I saw it in action at WESTEC. BT30. Supposed to be Robo -ish. It was pretty insane though. Same sidemount toolchanger, so you can stage tools, unlike the Robo. Tool changes are as fast or faster than the Robo. They were milling, TSC drilling and tapping at 5k. Pretty awesome.:D

Ox

It's 15K spindle, 5K max for tapping.
Toolchange is .8sec.
Curious about the chip to chip time, which is not indicated.

OK. The way his werds flowed it sounded like ... well yunno... :o

15K sounds more like it.

---------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

According to the .PDF it is a cast frame with 1.5 sec chip to chip time.

Pretty impressive specs over all. Not the fastest or bestest but pretty snappy non the less.

Friend of mine is a master apprentice at Haas, said the DT-1 was supposed to be pretty BA. It is a neat little tool changer but I am afraid of maintenance whereas the robodrill is probably the simiplest tool changer I have ever seen. Not a bad price tag either, and it is good to see that Haas is finally starting to get in the game with the rapid travel speeds, now if they could only put that on the larger models and put some more ponies in the spindle.

My friend at Haas had mentioned they are having a VF premium line soon. I'm hoping those would have what I am asking for.

What would be the downside to using this as a general purpose proto and light production mill? I love the small footprint and the price. My use would be mostly AL and high density plastics. The work envelop would be plenty big for my stuff as well.

What would be the downside to using this as a general purpose proto and light production mill? I love the small footprint and the price. My use would be mostly AL and high density plastics. The work envelop would be plenty big for my stuff as well.

I don't see a downside for that application. Infact It would excell in my book.

I would really like to see one of these cut in person.

I wonder if they would let me test one for a spell.;)

Back