What's new
What's new

New shop - new machine day

Eric U

Hot Rolled
Finally got my shop "done". After many fits and starts it is up and going.
picture.php

picture.php

The building was finished the day before my new Haas VF-2 arrived. Talk about just-in-time construction.
picture.php

picture.php

Fast forward about a month...now we have power, A/C, and a freshly installed VF-2. There was a parameter setting that was screwed up and the tool probe wouldn't work. After three different attempts to get the probe to work, they found the parameter. Now I'm up and running.
picture.php

Eric

Do the pictures show up?

All,

If I'm not logged in, I don't see the pictures of my post. After I log in I can. Is this also the case for other viewers?

I've had a heck of a time getting the pictures in and would like to know if I did it right.

Thank you,
Eric

Congrats on the shop Eric and good luck to you. Seeing how you are just getting started, if you need to outsource anything such as CNC Turning, Wire EDM, Grinding, CNC Milling, or manual machining, I would be happy to quote anything for you. You can visit us on the web at www.ultimatetool.us.

Randy Justice
Ultimate Tool & Die Inc.
Lake City, TN 37769

All,

If I'm not logged in, I don't see the pictures of my post. After I log in I can. Is this also the case for other viewers?

I've had a heck of a time getting the pictures in and would like to know if I did it right.

Thank you,
Eric

Yup. Same here. No login, no pics.
Ralph

Shop size is 30' x 40'. 100sf of which will be an office, and another 60sf or so for the bathroom. The house in the background is my neighbors, but they don't bug me much. I'm outside of city limits and there is no zoning here, so just about anything goes.

I'll be making my own products. I've designed and built a prototype smallbore rifle action that I'm using in Olympic style shooting competition. I'll hopefully sell a bunch of those, along with assorted accessories and attachments. My uncle had a spotting scope stand business that he is handing down to me. I'll be making and selling those too.

Machines: The big ones are my Haas TL-1 and VF-2 along with a manual milling machine and a cylindrical grinder. I've also got a variety of support equipment highlighted by my Quincy air compressor, Deckel SO tool grinder, and a Deltronic optical comparator. Some stuff that I'm probably getting from my uncle's scope stand business include a 9x16 horizontal band saw, 14" semi-automatic cold saw, 20" vertical band saw, and the small size TimeSaver.

I may very well need some outside help on some operations on my action. When I look for that help, I'll advertise on PM first.

Thanks,
Eric

Good going, nice little empire you got started there. If I wanted to know more about your rifle action where would one look to find out about it? Or is it too early for that? How many places around AL do you have to do that kind of target shooting?

Charles

No website yet but one is in the works.

I'm assigned to the Army Marksmanship Unit at Ft. Benning, GA. I shoot there nearly every day. I haven't shot yet in Alabama, but I have shot some benchrest matches in Montezuma, GA and American prone up in Dawsonville, GA.

Eric

Eric, I'd like to know more about your spotting scope stands. Whatcha got in the way of brochures or other info?

I shoot a .308, but I wish you luck with your products!

Eric,
I shoot Rimfire benchrest so I know were you are comming from. I started my shop the same way and make my products for benchrest shooters. Tell the Collin's boys, and crew that I am still around.

Thanks,

Scott Hamilton

Back