What's new
What's new

door hold

On my control I know its setting 51 but after I turn it on it still holds for the door to be shut. I know there’s a parameter lock that has to be set but I don’t remember the procedure. Thanks in advance.

Matt

I think I've heard some folks saying that newer controls have an additional PARAMETER!!! (besides SETTING 51) that needs changing. I beleive it was for EU compliance reasons.
Call your HFO, they should have no problem letting you in on the secret here in the US.

Tape a little piece of shim to the enn-d of the door proximity sensor(s). This is one work around you don't need to redo every power up.:)

Of course if then you have an accident don't blame me.

FYI:For the new Haas control:setting #7 off(parameter lock), Press E-stop, Press Param button, Type 57 and cursor down, Cursor to Door Stop Spindle, Type 0 press write, Turn param lock back on (#7), release E-Stop, Press RESET. Then everytime machine starts up change setting 51 on. My machine was set up do run like this but we had service to the machine this week and the tech must have reset this parameter. Thanks for the help guys. In the words of Hdpg "Of course if then you have an accident don't blame me";)

I tried putting a small magnet at the sensor but every time I boot up my machine it always asks me to press the E-stop and to open/close the doors. I hate changing setting 51 every time I boot up since I only work on my small shop on the weekends (I have a full time job and I attend college at nights). I have been wanting to make some sort of hinge where the sensor is at, that way the only time I need to de-activate it is when I boot up my machine. Does this make sense??? I hope so.

-Andres

I hate changing setting 51 every time I boot up

Then you will REALLY hate most if not all new Japanese machines, as there is no way to undo the door, and no way to put a bypass switch as they do check for dor opening/closing after every M30.

Let's see:
Settings->51->[down arrow]->[right arrow]->[Enter]
5 keystrokes.
Heck, on a Fanuc you can't even get to the settings page in 5 keystrokes...

Unless things have changed..a 1 cent computer jumper will fix it for good.. Fixed all mine.. :D:D

IMG_0654.jpg

door over ride

I can't beat WMS's price but this is a simple solution.

I have a TM-1P and a put a couple of small (thin) magnets on the edge of the door where the magnetic switch is and put a little 6 inch steel ruler on the magnets. When I boot I get an alarm and all I do is lift the ruler up and let it back down and I am good to go for the rest of the day.

I could take a couple of pictures if you would like to see it.

John

Back