What's new
What's new

Pictures of my shop and my new TL-1(Dial up Beware!!!!)

CEP Inc.

Plastic
Here's the newest addition to the shop.

Lathe003.jpg

Lathe004.jpg

Here's the tailstock

Lathe007.jpg

Lathe015.jpg

The Control

Lathe008.jpg

Looks like the Z axis way covers on the mill have a story to tell. Let's hear it. :)

I was hoping nobody noticed that. It's really not that great of a story. Nothing cool happened just a brain fart! I had a couple of C-Clamps holding a part. Long story short the table made a rapid move and the C-Clamp did its thing! I haven't had any downtown to take the cover off and massage it out.

Nice shop CEP!

Just out of interest, on the TL, what are the grooves for cut into the bed on the inside under the rails? ive often wondered.

Thanks
KB

I'm not real sure why they are there either.

I am blue and purple with envies. Are you married? :D

Marci

Sorry, I am married. Thanks for the interest though:cheers:

Thanks for all the comments! It's a work in progress. I have had the SS since 06'. I have been sending all my lathe work to another shop but that has become too much of a headache. I'll report back on how the TL is doing in a few weeks.

As Mike said the grooves are for a steadyrest or other such accessory. However you have to be mindful if you have an older machine. I understand they made a change in the machines after the first few years and because of this the current accessories wont fit on an older machine.

Charles

Hi

Just a small bit of info on your TL. I worked on one axactly like yours a while ago and it seems after me and my employer told Haas to make a drastic mod to the machine's water wastage they did nothing!!!! You will soon experiance the wetness that appears every time you work on that TL Suffice to say youle will need a bathing costume

It is a 69' chevelle. Good eye! My dad bought it new and passed in on down to me. It's all original numbers match 396SS. I never drive it. I'm more of a late model kind of guy.

I could probably use a few more lights.

I don't have any kids. Just a Doberman and a Chihuahua that have it made better than kids!

It is a 69' chevelle. Good eye! My dad bought it new and passed in on down to me. It's all original numbers match 396SS. I never drive it. I'm more of a late model kind of guy.

I could probably use a few more lights.

I don't have any kids. Just a Doberman and a Chihuahua that have it made better than kids!

Ha-ha I have Doberman's, much better that kids, my kids are all 40 yrs old & I have 3 Chevelle's a 66 chevelle a 64 el cameo & a 66 el cameo.

Back