What's new
What's new

New VMC

csharp

Stainless
Has anyone looked at the new 2010 haas VMC's?

They are claiming better accuracy with different servo motors. I am just trying to understand if they are actually any better of just a new paint scheme.

This may be an optical delusion, but doesn't that spindle nose look different than the previous one?
I'm not talking about the column sheetmetal, but the black portion of the spindle.

This may be an optical delusion, but doesn't that spindle nose look different than the previous one?
I'm not talking about the column sheetmetal, but the black portion of the spindle.

Almost looks tapered, or a big radius instead of straight. Too bad it wouldn't fit in my shop! :(

There must be some engineers at Haas that are sledders and ride Polaris'.

They seemed to have robbed Pols "Bold New Graphics" phrase from a few yrs back. :willy_nilly:

--------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I'm curious as hell about the new SL series of cnc lathes from Haas. Completely different design from their existing lathes AFAIK...

Not Just Paint

Yes, new motors, new couplers, new encoders, new motion enhancements, new chip evacuation, new enclosure. We expect to publish details later this month.

Has anyone looked at the new 2010 haas VMC's?

They are claiming better accuracy with different servo motors. I am just trying to understand if they are actually any better of just a new paint scheme.

"Motion _ Enhancements"? :confused:

Would you like to put that into laymans terms?

You see - I have a 16# sledge with will enhance some motion as well.... :willy_nilly:

---------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Motion

Ox,
I am really not supposed to discuss details just yet. I can tell you that we have enhanced the motion control in ways that improve surface finish and allow us to accelerate faster. If I "leak" the details right now I am sure our competitors will be happy. I hope you understand. Just be on the lookout for us to publish details later this month.

I might be able to come back here a day or two before it is released and fill you in.

"Motion _ Enhancements"? :confused:

Would you like to put that into laymans terms?

You see - I have a 16# sledge with will enhance some motion as well.... :willy_nilly:

---------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I like the aesthetics of the current VFs better. I like the slightly rounded top edges of the doors and I think light gray goes better with the Haa's red and white corporate colors. The newer angular darker gray looks bolder but more generic. . . .

I understand the need to differentiate the newer better VFs from the olde VF, but . . . If buying American means I have to put up the new paint scheme, I'll do it. However, if Fadal somehow gets resurrected I may have to give them a second look :)

There must be some engineers at Haas that are sledders and ride Polaris'.

They seemed to have robbed Pols "Bold New Graphics" phrase from a few yrs back. :willy_nilly:

--------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

You would think

That HAAS would have at least a couple dudes frequenting this site,
to get a better understanding of the pulse of machining and our needs.
This is the perfect forum to gain grassroots support and communication.
If I was running a company like HAAS, I'd be all over this site.
This site is a gift.
I learn more here than anywhere else...ie. school, corrospondance....etc.

One of the Guys

This site is a gift.

I am one of those guys. I try to get on the forums at least once a day. I also post my Haas contact information on these forums from time to time.

My goal is to help as many Haas customers as I can.

Wayne Reilly
Applications Manager
Haas Automation
[email protected]
Direct line 805-278-8560

Fadal Colors

I like the aesthetics of the current VFs better. I like the slightly rounded top edges of the doors and I think light gray goes better with the Haa's red and white corporate colors. The newer angular darker gray looks bolder but more generic. . . .

I understand the need to differentiate the newer better VFs from the olde VF, but . . . If buying American means I have to put up the new paint scheme, I'll do it. However, if Fadal somehow gets resurrected I may have to give them a second look :)

http://www.fadal.com/typo3temp/pics/69726efa59.jpg

I'm very excited to see some promising real world chip evacuation equipment. That's one of my biggest quivals with our SS machines. They see production Aluminum and unless we're cutting steel, they're constantly clogging and running the sump dry while the coolant stays in the cabinet. Big PITA on some of the 3d long running jobs. That conveyer looks promissing.

Greg

This site is a gift.

A couple of years ago I took a two-day tour of Haas's facility. The first day, we toured the most of the plant. The next day we finished up with the tour, and then met with a couple of people from Haas, one of them was the head of engineering if I remember correctly. There were were probably 20-25 of us there, and he asked us what improvements or changes we would like to see in the machines. We gave him suggestions, and he was writing notes as we talked. He said that a lot of the suggestions from users were implemented because who would be a better judge of the product than the user.

Back