What's new
What's new

haas tm1p rotary table

mogtract

Plastic
hi folks some help required please.

I have a haas tm1p that had the 4th axis control module fitted before purchase. At the time i had no need for the actual 4th axis rotary/table , but, now do. Having priced the haas 4th axis they are out of my price range. (the job i have been asked to do is a prototype so dont want to invest huge amounts of money till i am sure it will pay for itself)

Having looked around the net i have spotted some manual rotary table conversions with stepper motors fitted.

Can some one please advise if this is an option and if so how do i go about connecting it up ?

or any other non haas rotary thay may be feasable (cheaper)?

As i have already the 4th axis option on my haas and a cam programme that will do 4 axis machining.

Many Thanks

Paul

if you have the 4th axis already installed then use it! that rotary table will open up alot more job oportunities for your shop. about 3 yrs ago i talked my boss into a older haas rotary table for our tm1, well didn't know that there were two different connectors and long story short i got the 13 pin? (older style). our machine takes a different connector (27pin i think), thought i just wasted $3400 on a useless table!!! long story short, i called haas and the servive guys got me a replacement encoder and the right cord, all the right parameters, and walked me through the conversion. that parts man saved my ass!!!!!
if you can find an older unit get the model and serial numbers then call haas and see if it could be converted to work with your machine. i use the table i have all the time.

if you would like the documentation on the conversion i have i could email it to you.

the table i purchased was a HRT7 (the black case model) got it off of ebay came with tail stock
if the table was damaged i don't think i would have any trouble getting my boss to purchase a brand new one now!

sorry for the long post just wanted you to know that the cost is worth it, and to get one controlled from the haas itself for true 4th axis machining

I bought a new Haas TM1 with a 5C 4th axis in 2004. About a year later, work was a little slow and it I had not had the 4th axis, I would not have had anything to do.

Remember the movie Field Of Dreams? If you build it they will come. Well 4th axis is the same. If you buy it they will come. And you'll be amazed at how many jobs you can set up now to work on 4 sides of the part in one setup. Or you can build a tombstone to hold multiple parts and work on 3 sides of several parts in one set up.

You will be limited only by your imagination.

I for one will never have another machine without a 4th axis.

Back