What's new
What's new

Coolant system

Grose710

Plastic
Hey guys,

I've been trying to find information on different coolant systems, i found SpiderCool which seems great and i've read good things about it, but my manager tells me to look into a "coolant ring system" i've only seen on picture on the net about it but no information or where i can get one.

So i was wondering doesn anyone out there use one, or know where i can find one to purchase, and what are you guys using for a coolant system? (etc. Haas programmable Nozzle, SpiderCool, Loclines)?

Thanks

Pcool

I use Haas' P-cool programmable coolant system. It isn't perfect, but it beats the heck out of lock-lines. Spidercool is just about the same as P-cool as far as I can tell. I've got no experience with coolant rings, but I'm very satisfied with the p-cool.

Eric

Thanks Eric, i've been looking online and the only coolant ring system i can find is homemade ones. Although i did see some really nice ones, i haven't seen any with any drawings or anyone selling any.

I'll keep looking but if anyone as any info on them i'd like to see or here about it.

My old Cinci(s?) had some funky coolant ring on them, but that was a joke!

Now my Hardinge mills have a coolant ring set-up as well, but MUCH better! The ring seems to be part of the spindle nose assy and the coolant really keeps the temp down on the spindle bearings for starters. Also - the ring seems to have a bunch of "coolant balls" in it. I think they are adjustable, but I never messed with them. They are fine right where they are. Some fo the nozzles are point closer to the spindle, while others are poining further down. Really werks swell IMO. Prolly a half dozen nozzles? No lines protruding at all.

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

rawen

thanks for the link to that pagei will take a look and see what i can come up with.

And ARB..... it is a project for a slow day

It's not looking to handy on the VF3 spindle. very little clearance and there are fittings coming out the back of the spindle.

I'll have to put my thinking tuke on for a bit.:)

It's not looking to handy on the VF3 spindle. very little clearance and there are fittings coming out the back of the spindle.

I'll have to put my thinking tuke on for a bit.:)

ARB, came back from the weekend and im currently working on coming up with one for our VF-4, as soon as we got it i'll post up some pics and show u guys what we got

ARB, came back from the weekend and im currently working on coming up with one for our VF-4, as soon as we got it i'll post up some pics and show u guys what we got

Keep in mind that the one pictured on CNC zone will NOT work on a VF series mill. I tried to make one without checking, and it interferes big time with adjacent tools in the carousel.

Keep in mind that the one pictured on CNC zone will NOT work on a VF series mill. I tried to make one without checking, and it interferes big time with adjacent tools in the carousel.

But is that the case if you have and umbrella style carousel?? becasue ours is a side mount carousel??

and it would be better to know now than spend time and mat'l and have it not work

But is that the case if you have and umbrella style carousel?? becasue ours is a side mount carousel??

and it would be better to know now than spend time and mat'l and have it not work

If you have the side mount I'm guessing it would probably work, but I've never worked with one to know.

My machine has the umbrella tool changer.

Hey guys, i hope all had a good time off and enjoyed there time off......... after coming back i have started and am almost finish with the coolant ring, it is actually looking very promising, i will post pictures once i am done and finished installing it on our Haas...........

quick question how or what site can i use to upload the pictures so who ever is interested can see them???

thanks

A little more pump and a 90* fitting and you'll have a swell setup!

That doesn't interfere with your tool changer?

--------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

A little more pump and a 90* fitting and you'll have a swell setup!

That doesn't interfere with your tool changer?

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

yeah i tried to get it to be at 90 deg, but the original coolant line wouldn't let me i had to move around a couple lines i will get to changing that one line so that i can make it look better but hey it serves its purpose....... and also no the side mount tool changer clears perfect there is no interfearance what so ever........ and yeah changing the pumo would be great possible next upgrade

Back