What's new
What's new

Alarm 122 and 176 at Power up

hrhoward

Plastic
Hello,
I have a problem with a HAAS VF-0E. We just got this machine in last week (used).
I have run 240 vac to the main cb. and tapped the transformer accordingly. When power on the machine I will get the following alarms:
Alarm 122 Overheating of regen
Alarm 176 Over Heat Shutdown

Then it will shutdown in 30 seconds.

Where should I start looking?

Thanks,

Heath

Check your incoming voltage, you may have a leg that is too high.

Other then that...it's a Haas. Give them a call, your local HFO or the factory. Both should be able to help you out.

Sim nailed it.

Alarm 122 Regen Overheat
One common cause of the overheat condition is an input line voltage is too high. If the condition persists, an automatic shutdown will begin after the interval specified by parameter 197. It can also be caused by a high start/stop duty cycle of the spindle.

Alarm 176 OVERHEATSHUTDOWN
An overheat condition persisted longer then the specified interval of parameter 197.

Good Luck!
Russ

Ah the bastard leg...had that at our other location. Didn't have CNC's then.

I can't answer...if it where me, I'd be on the horn with my HFO or Factory for advice. Think I said that before...phone tech support comes without a fee and chances are more then likely the information will be correct. I'd say it's free, but they recoup when they send out a service tech or you buy another machine. I've called for both new and "used" machines. In my opinion calling for help is better then frying a machine...

Good Luck.

I talked with tech support on Friday. The guy I talked to seems to think there is a short somewhere. Yippee.

This is the first Haas I have worked on. I have worked on Fadal's, Kia's, Whatever-Seiki's, Cincinnati's, Maho's, Bridgeport's, etc...

I guess I will order the elec. drawings and start hunting. fun fun.

Sorry, other then what you did I really would not know where to begin.

Tech wouldn't offer more insight as to what components you can try to disconnect and see if she'll fire up. Maybe narrow your choices abit. Or offer a way to test some of the most common components. I try to ask for something to check and if the testing gets over my head... I'll just close'r up and ask them to pay me a visit. Sometimes it cost more to sit and play with them machines then to call in a technician.

I think I might of found something.
On the I/O board, in the upper left corner, there is a small teardrop capacitor. It appears to be blown (tip is blown off and the inside looks burnt).

It has 106 +16K printed on the side. I am going to try and replace it.

That fixed it!!!
It was C31. A 10 UF, 16V Dipped Tantalum. Radio Shack's cat. no. is 274-1436.
I replaced it, put the I/O board back in, powered it up, hit reset, and wa-la!!
Now if I can just figure out how to run an existing program without any tools in it....

Now if I can just figure out how to run an existing program without any tools in it....

You are the man!!! Saved yourself several hundred green backs. Good going!! One good thing about Haas, you can get parts at our local Radio Shack in a pinch.

Anyway, if you can fix the machine...running it will be a breeze.

To run an existing Program...

Set rapids to 5%...increase later
No Tools, No Vice, No Fixtures on Table = No Collisions

Hit the "List Program" Button
Select a program by highlighting with cursor
Hit "Enter" to select
Go into the memory mode by hitting the "Mem" button
Then press the Green "Cycle Start" button

Or after hitting the "Mem" button press "Setting/Graphics" button twice to see the simulation.

Chances are you may need to change the G54 Work offset to stay within the confines of the machine envelope or you'll gat a overtravel alarm.

Glad to hear your up and running... good luck.

Lots of good info here, so ask if you have questions.

Back