What's new
What's new

balad machine shop-----video

Care to explain why that was significant? I had a dozen smart-ass replies but, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe that was a diamond cutter turning a new ductile-ceramic ingot?

Nothing wrong with a soldier who knows how to run a lathe. :cheers:

However, a hook of some kind would be safer than using a gloved hand. :willy_nilly:

He knows better!!

They should send him back to Block one in tech school and re-learn the safety rules when working with lathes #1 no gloved hands on the lathe , #2 do not handle swarf/chips with your hands.:angry: Also he should learn to turn up his feed rate to use his chip breaker so he doesn’t get Aluminum ribbon. Gotta love the critics from the peanut gallery!! Stay safe.:cheers:

Those "stringers" were so light and airy, one could have blown them away with a "poof"

No worries regarding the gloved hand, they may have well have been delrin.

Question is, why such a fine cut? Nearly to size?

;-)

WOW! Has anyone notice how far the piece is hanging out of the chuck and the spindle speed? Tail stock would be nice. The radio in the back ground is a little too loud for my taste, but then if that part came flying out im sure it would make some noise. Lets see,

1 Gloves
2 handeling chips
3 loud radio
4 over extended work piece
5 spindle rpms with no tail stock
6 leaning on the machine.

I'm gonna introduce this video into our 5's program as "How not to run a machine".

Back