What's new
What's new

Speeder head

matt_d77

Aluminum
I am thinking about purchasing a gear driven speeder head for my VM3, any recommendations? I currently have 12,000 rpm but frequently use very small endmills when cutting die components. I would like to be at about 35,000-50,000 rpm. Thanks in advance for any advice.

You need right feed and acceleration for this RPM. This RPM simply are nothing, you can use for drilling only. Please calculate right feed and making decision. Best Regard Libor Pírko

For that range of rpm, you might want to get an air turbine unit. For the geared ones, that might be a little bit high, depending on the service factor you intend to use it at.

I work in a die shop where I cut small detail emboss dies from time to time. I work my way down to a .010 dia endmill, then use a zero dia at the tip 12deg panagraph cutter. I was figuring my chip load and feed would be proportional to rpm increase from 12,000 to 35,000 making my programs roughly three time faster. I've never seen the air turbine style; I'll have to do some research. Thanks

Back