What's new
What's new

2000 to 2004 Haas VF1 vs VF2

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
VF1 and VF2 same machine except for axis travels ? Or is the VF1 "lesser machine" in other areas ?

They are based off the same castings. The VF3 and VF4 share the same castings too. Next step up from there is a VF5.

They are based off the same castings. The VF3 and VF4 share the same castings too. Next step up from there is a VF5.
Thanks. So the basic head, spindle, spindle motor HP, and tool carosel are exactly the same on VF1 and 2 also ?

Just the X travel is different.

Although when I think about it I believe a gearbox spindle drive option is/was available on the VF2 but not on the VF1. Other than that the mechanicals are the same.

Just the X travel is different.

Although when I think about it I believe a gearbox spindle drive option is/was available on the VF2 but not on the VF1. Other than that the mechanicals are the same.

You can get them on the new VF-1's (We have a gearbox+10K on our 07 VF-1). Don't know about 2000-2004 though.

So how does the VF0 compare... is it also basically the same as VF1 and VF2 except for axis travels ?

VF1 was basically the same as a VF2 with lesser X travel. Gear box, etc. The VF0 typically was without gearbox and supposed to be a more stripped version of the VF1 but you could then add almost all the options so I really do not see the point. The VF0 also came in a VF0E which has the same travels as the VF2.

I think they had other versions as well around 2000. Rather confusing if you ask me but castings were the same so pretty much just have to study the options.

Back