What's new
What's new

p cool nozzel problem

chineshop_guy

Cast Iron
my boss apparently had a collision between the p cool assembly and our rotary indexer on our vf3. the nozzel still works but doesn't position correctly and appears to go to it's home position before each move. can somebody tell me how to fix this without having to place a service call, money is tight for us right now.

tks

There is a thread here about repairing those units, I looked some but didn't find it. You can but a new unit for somewhat less that a service call, and there is nothing to changing it, remove the cover, unplug the old and plug in the new.
good luck

P Cool

Hi,

Is your P Cool the old 20 position model or the newer 35?? postion model?

If the P Cool mechanically hit something it could have stripped out the internal gearing.

I had a problem with my old 20 position model where it kept cycling back to the home position during position changes. It turns out the the small micro switch that counts the positions was malfunctioning. I bought one at an local electronics store for less than 5 bucks and it has worked like a dream ever since. I did have to modify the micro switch slightly and change the mounting procedure on the circuit board but it was not that hard of a job.

If you think that is your problem I can give you a link to some pictures and a thread that may be of help. Just send me a PM and I will try to help.

John

Back