What's new
What's new

Anyone here real good with the old brush rotaries?

viper

Titanium
Already in the red here and fighting with a rotary connectivity problem. Brush 14 pin rotary is being hooked to a brushless Haas with DC or brush output for the rotary with 17 pins. We have repinned the connector per Haas specs. They cannot figure this out. Rotary somewhat turns but will try to quiver when you try and jog it, and will not home. I am doing some very simple parts and just need the thing to index. Needing to work with this from the encoder level to see where to issue is. I have a 3ch encoder with A, B, and Z channels.

Is this a DC brushed motor hooking into a DCBL drive?
Most of the makes that I have used it is required to change the drive commutation from 120°
to 60° to use DC brushed, usually a dip switch.
Maybe the case here?
Minder.

Minder nailed it 100% /however with Haas there is no dip switch to accomplish the change. Big surprise, but hey they SELL a sort of cheap :toetap: little board to accomplish this. One of many reasons our shop doesn't buy Haas any longer, don't even talk about service in this area it's terrible :angry: and they are located in the same industrial park as us.

The machine in question does out put DC already. That is a fact. I do not think we have a motor drive issue but an encoder loop issue. I have the HRT210 in there now so we should know soon what is going on..

We got er pinned down and running. Apparently my control wants all 6 channels of that encoder output. The rotary was wired for 3 so we identified the other channels and sent them to the control. Runs great...

On to the next disaster...

Back