What's new
What's new

Is this price ok for a Haas?

customworks83

Aluminum
Good day!

Someone I know wants to sell an almost brand new 2006 Haas TM-1. This machine is barely used, he had about 200 hours on it and decided to sell it because he barely has money to keep up with the payments. Originally he said $15,000, then $18,000 :nutter: and I reminded him of the deal we talked about which it was $15,000. I told him I'll think about it and get back to him with an offer or tell him no. The one problem bugging me is that it does not have a tool changer. I recall not so long ago tool changers were about $5,000 correct? haas has them for $7,095.00 now!!!:eek: If I do order the tool changer am I still at a good bargain? I own an enclosed Haas TM-1P allready, still in school for mechanical engineering and working a full time job. my small shop is picking up slowly but I feel the need for another one.

-Andres

Even with $18000 is not bad, but are you sure that's the only reason why he want to sell the machine?

Not sure what your work flow is but you could put $10,000 down towards a new VF-2 and then all it boils down is monthly payment. I personally think the tm-1's are too slow to be very productive. Thats just my 2 cents.

I had a TM1 in my shop, but I did prototype work, so speed wasn't that as important as accuracy. I wish I still had it, but my health was more important than a Haas.

Throw the $15000 plus the $7100 at a nice used VF1 or VF2. There are a lot of them out there cheap! You will have your tool changer plus an enclosed machine.

The one problem bugging me is that it does not have a tool changer. I recall not so long ago tool changers were about $5,000 correct? haas has them for $7,095.00 now!!!:eek: If I do order the tool changer am I still at a good bargain?

My memory is that the TM-1 tool changers are only available as an option on new machines, not as a field installable option. But I'm getting old and the memory could be faulty, so check with Haas on this.

Paul T.

Back