What's new
What's new

Anyone make new vinyl overlays for Haas controls ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Thinking mostly of the "Cycle Start/Feed Hold" area of the pre stainless bezels. Nearly every control of that vintage I've seen has the paint and some of the screen printing wore off ...sure would be nice if there was a "sticker" just for that area to make it looks as new again.

FWIW, no overlays from Haas but one can buy a whole new control bezel for $216. And installation easy as none of the push buttons are attached to it...it surrounds the buttons and keyboard without any of those things being attached to it.

Thanks!

Don,

Thanks for posting this. I was just wondering the same thing - you're right about that wear area. I think my coolant softens those markings up.

I removed my bezel yesterday and just a heads up to be careful about the tinted glass in front of the monitor ! Once you remove the bezel there is nothing holding that glass in place and it can just fall off unto the floor. Luckily I caught mine in time ! :willy_nilly:

I removed my bezel yesterday and just a heads up to be careful about the tinted glass in front of the monitor ! Once you remove the bezel there is nothing holding that glass in place and it can just fall off unto the floor. Luckily I caught mine in time ! :willy_nilly:

Lucky break for you, or more precisely a lucky non-break for you...:) Thanks for sharing you might have just saved someone some real grief.

Charles

Lucky break for you, or more precisely a lucky non-break for you...:) Thanks for sharing you might have just saved someone some real grief.
If it broke, wouldn't have been too bad from a money standpoint as I presume most glass places have tinted glass like this pretty cheap, for this small size anyway...but would have been one more hassel to deal with that none of us need.

Charles, what are you doing reading the Haas forums now that you are an upper crust Okuma man ?? ;)

Front Panel For HAAS Control

Hi,

I saw this on E-Bay and thought I would share. Don't know if this would help with your rebuild efforts.

Here is the e-bay item # 160404094529

John

If you get a new one or and overlay we put clear nail polish over them at my old shop and it works no rub away

I do vinyl work. What excatly are you trying to do. If I had the panel I could re do the Vinyl. Could even clear coat to hold down for a long!!!!!!!! time.
Thanks John

John,
Attached is an example of a Haas control with the graphics worn off next to the cycle start and feed hold buttons on the lower left. It's also missing some of the gray color around the MPG.
They're talking about a vinyl overlay to correct that without having to buy a new bezel.
Haas has changed the front of the control several times over the years so this might not be the exact one they're talking about but you get the idea.
Ralph

Attachments

• Worn Haas Control Panel.jpg
    Worn Haas Control Panel.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 5,246
I do vinyl work. What excatly are you trying to do. If I had the panel I could re do the Vinyl. Could even clear coat to hold down for a long!!!!!!!! time.
Thanks John
rawen has it exactly right...except his example is a little worse than usual in that it appears some gray area is worn off near the electronic handwheel as well. I was just thinking in terms of a sticker to cover the area where it says "cycle start" and "feed hold" and the two buttons for same.

In my case I ended up taking the bezel to a paint shop and getting some paint mixed to exact match of the gray and painting it with an artist brush. I even had to paint the outline of the word "hold" portion of 'feed hold' with an even smaller artist brush, but it looks nearly perfect...undetectable unless you know it's been done and look a few inches away in bright light.

The two eBay bezels for 25 bucks were sold before I got to them.

Back