What's new
What's new

Segmented Umberella Style Tool Disk for HAAS

Ox

Diamond
I haven't seen this posted here before, so I thought that I would spread the word.

A semi local shop has apparently "had enough" of the disk crash-out issues that I have heard you guys fuss about. So they went'n did something about it.

They were showing it to Mrs. Ox the other day and she mentioned it to me.

Also - you may have seen it in a fall edition of Manufacturing Engineering. It was a small spot tho... and since I don't recall anyone posting it - I'm guessing not...

http://cmistore.clarklakemachine.com/

tooldisk.png

-------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Thank you Ox for posting. :cheers:

The Segmented Tool Disk also had a short feature in the American Machinist (Lessen the Severity of Carousel Crashes)
Link to the Manufacturing Engineering article on our site.
([CMI] News and Media)
Our main goal was to develop a tool disk that reduced the financial loss after a crash.

We are working on a video to show how easy and quick it is to change out a segment if one is damaged do to a machine failure or operator error. If anyone has any questions I would love to have you call me at 517-529-9454 ext 0 and ask for Steve, any work day after 8:00am EST.

If you place your order before 3:30EST we will ship your order that day.

Thank you again for posting!

I will agree, that was a fine idea. An even better idea 10 yrs ago when umbrellas were "the thing". I helped a friend beat a stock one straight so it would work. Knock on wood, I have not had one go "bang" yet. With all my other Haas problems, I hope I don't ever get to deal with that.

it works

Saw this disk in an earlier post, ordered one and got it installed. Much stronger than the factory one and doesn't deflect doing a change. Would recommend this for all Haas 20 pocket changers on VF-2 and VF-3s.

Back