What's new
What's new

Haas gt-10

SIM

Titanium
Anyone look into one of these.

I'm looking for something less then an SL-10, but more production friendly then a TM-lathe
The mini-lathe would have fit the bill

This GT-10 Looks like an SL-10 without...well without everything. No clamping, Tooling Turret or Gang Block...

...not sure how one would even tool it up for production.

And if it wasn't for production then why enclose it like it is.

I know a guy with a gt-20. By the time he put a hydraulic system with drawbar and chuck on it and a tiny 8 station turret he was close to the base price of an SL-10. The 8 station turret doesn't have much clearance for tools with the 8" chuck either. He likes the lathe though.

Only 6" on X seems pretty useless. I figured GT was for Gang tool, which it should be, but this doesn't seem like much of a GT machine at all. Maybe 2-3tools for dedicated long runs?

While on the subject of GT machines, for new ones, I thought maybe the Lagun GT-32 would have been decent. I got a price on it last year, but I'm not entirely sure if they still sell it or not... It was around 30K, fanuc, Z boxways (maybe linear on X?) screw size and all seemed decent from specs. Would have liked to see one in person.

Only 6" on X seems pretty useless. I figured GT was for Gang tool, which it should be, but this doesn't seem like much of a GT machine at all. Maybe 2-3tools for dedicated long runs?

And that sums up the GT10 as far as I'm concerned.
About the only way I could see any sense in that machine is having a horizontal turret with maybe 2 or 3 tools each side.
Otherwise, :scratchchin:

I fell in to a deal on a TL1 last August. I got it in a divorce sale for $9,000.00 and it had less than 40 hours on it. I made a tool block for it, and can run 6 tools with no problem. Up to 12 if the parts are small enough.

I need to make small serpentine belt pulleys and I need to bar feed them so the process can be automated. I like the footprint of the GT series as I don't have much shop space, and especially like the single phase input on the GT-10 so I don't have to mess with phase converters.

I need to feed bar-stock that is 3", but my pulleys are only 1-2" long.

I see HAAS has 300 series bar feeders that will handle 3", and they are listed as mating up to many of their smaller machines.

What determines how large of material a machine can bar-feed? just the chuck or something else? if the chuck is a limitation can it be changed out?

What determines how large of material a machine can bar-feed? just the chuck or something else? if the chuck is a limitation can it be changed out?

Before anything else, the spindle bore is the main determining factor as to the largest barfeed.
In case of the GT10, it does not have the 3" you'd need, in fact you'd probably have to go to a TL3 or an SL30 big bore to get that large of a spindle.

Back