What's new
What's new

A axis repeatability on reference

ARB

Titanium
I'm running some parts on the A axis today and found that the table referenced .75° different than yesterday. Is this typical? I remember now that last time I ran this job that I had to reset my work coordinate for A after I zero returned each day.:eek:
I would expect that it would zero return to the same spot every time. Is there a chance that the marker is coming at a tweener spot and causing the variation?

Provided chips aint git'n on your puck/switch (external?) then I would guess that you have already nailed it. I would bump it one way or the other a tad.

I wish we had a screen to access to see at what point our limits were hitting as compared to the encoders. (Or maybe at least an easier way of seeing them.)

-----------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Wouldn't you know today it was the same as yesterday.:)

If it keeps acting up I might see if there is a parameter to change to keep it from getting lost.

I have a HRT 210 which has pulled that trick on me once in many, many hours and days of use. At my main shop we have six of them and they have never pulled this trick. I have no idea what caused my home unit to do it.

That is what we do. We turned off the home switch in the parameters and just set the A back to zero when shutting down. It will then use that position has home when it fires up. I think what happens is they use a magnetic hall effect switch. They gather metallic chips over time and change the flux around the sensor. We have done some design work with hall effects and learned that lesson. guess the only way to determine that is to pull the home switch but we decided to just bypass it.

Back