What's new
What's new

P cool movements

ARB

Titanium
Is there a setting that keeps the p cool from going all the way to the top each time you want to make a manual adjustment?

Seems that when ever I make a manual adjustment of the P cool position on the fly that the dumb thing wants to go all the way to position 1 before it goes to the new position. IE. I want it to go down one spot so I hit CLNT Down. Then the nozzle goes all the way up then back down.

Not real handy in some situations.

Our pcool worked perfect and then all of the sudden started doing what your explaining, then it started not moving at all. We had to replace the pcool assembly and now it works good again(without moving to position 1 with every move). Has yours always acted that way or did it just start doing it one day?

Sometimes it works as it should. I am starting to think that if the coolant position on the offset page is set to 0 then it will not go home every time.

I will do some experiments.

You got it ARB. Set them all the 0 and it will bypass any Pcool settings. I thought I was sold on the system until I noticed how long it tool to adjust. If it would adjust which doing a tool change, it might work better. I have NEVER used the Pcool in production. Wastes too much time.

Maybe the newer machines with it work better. It is certainly a good idea that just needs refinements. I know the limit switches inside are prone to problems and that will cause the system to "reset" or calibrate every time it is used. Keep that in mind. few minor adjustments inside the box may fix your issues.

Pcool

Hi,

I have the older style PCOOL (20 Position). I had a similar problem with mine. It has a miniature micro switch which counts the detents in the cam wheel. What happens is if the micro switch fails to count the detents then it gets confused and does eratic things like going to Zero on a random basis depending on how bad the microswitch is malfunctioning.

One of my buddies here on this forum or the CNC Zone told me how to fix it. It takes a little time and the new microswitch was less than $10.00. If this sounds like your issue just send me a PM and I will look up the reference to post I made along with the part numbers and photo descriptions of what it took to fix it.

Mine has worked perfect ever since I replaced the microswitch. Hope this is of some help.

John

Back