What's new
What's new

screen has lower case e's going across the cursor area !

harley88

Plastic
My 97 Vf-3 has lower case e's going across the cursor area at the bottom of the screen.They just pop up on their own .You can cancel them but as your typing they pop back in.Has anyone else had this problem and if so what is the fix.Thanks.:confused:

My 97 Vf-3 has lower case e's going across the cursor area at the bottom of the screen.They just pop up on their own .You can cancel them but as your typing they pop back in.Has anyone else had this problem and if so what is the fix.Thanks.:confused:

Just had the same problem on our vf-10, except small case "g".
I know they came out and replaced the keybd panel but I'm not sure if they also replaced a board in the back. (I work nights so I don't get all the info)
When it first happened, I figured the problem was in the keybd, but this machine was bought used and looked like a bomb went off in the back elec. panel there was so much stuff hanging and "rewired."

Yup...I have B's going across mine.

Bought used and used to happen occasionally. Then had a day where the b's couldn't be deleted fast enough to use the control. I got on the horn with Haas and they mentioned I could make sure the cable was grounded properly...(Sheath around cable). It made little difference so I bought a new keypad ($300.00) Simple install, peel the old one off, stick the new on then plug and play.

The day the new keypad arrived...the B's stopped going across the screen...well okay I'll get a few every now and then...but I have yet to open the box with the new Keypad.

Our 2000 VF0 had the same problem with lower case 'g's. Haas diagnosed a processor board problem.

Had to have a new main processor board fitted at a cost of nearly £3000. Luckily our machine breakdown insurance covered the cost.

Shortly prior to this we had a Hurco salesman visiting and he said 'has your Haas VMC started to get the 'g's on screen? Seemingly a very common problem. He sort of half implied that this could be a deliberate 'built in obsolescence' ploy...............

Regards,

Mike.

We have the lowercase 'e's going, but the problem is off and on. It happens for awhile and then goes away for awhile. Now it's back. This doesn't look like a bad processor board, or you'd think it would be permanent.

Our Haas service people aren't the best so I don't want to have them come in at $365/service call to tell us we need to have a board replaced when reseating the cables might help.

The last post was 3-15-2010, so I'm just hoping somebody might have something new since then.

:cheers:

I recall replacing one at a shop I was at many years ago...on a '97 I believe as well...I can't recall it being that big of a deal. Most of the control stuff is super easy to access and replace.

haas should offer replacement for free, i propose a class action lawsuit.

I have the same problem, A's B's across the screen., it has a siezure every now and then.

hey haas, if you are reading this, let me know when i might expect my free upgraded board.,?

tc1999,

do you recall having to save and restore any parameters or other settings in the process of replacing that board? Is it plug&play?

You do not have to worry about losing any kind of memory or settings when replacing the keypad. As stated earlier, it is simply held on by adhesive and a ribbon cable plugs into a board in the pendant; a definite DIY job.

It does sound as though this is just a keyboard issue which can happen with the older bubble style. Before peeling the old one off, plug the new one in just to confirm the problem has gone away, because removing the old one will definitely destroy it.

Our 2000 VF0 had the same problem with lower case 'g's. Haas diagnosed a processor board problem.

Had to have a new main processor board fitted at a cost of nearly £3000. Luckily our machine breakdown insurance covered the cost.

Read my post about "Haas Upgrades." Seems like Haas is finding plenty of reasons to replace the main board. In our case the excuse was that we needed the newer board in order to install a remote jog pendant.

Doug

I replaced 2 keypads in the past 6 months, one on a 1995 HL-1 that had the zero button stuck 00000000000000000000000000 intermittently and last week on a 2001 VF-1 that most off the buttons were illegible from heavy use. They were peach and cake to replace. The best tip Selway gave me was to scribe the corners around the old overlay so the new one lines up perfect with the outer panels.

Back