What's new
What's new

spindle orientation fault on TM1

IN-Whitefeather

Plastic
Our TM keeps getting a spindle orientation fault. Haas tech is booked untill tuesday. Anybody ever get this problem fixed themselfs. Seems like some kind of encoder problem. Im in the process of checking cables and the easy stuff. Any other ideas would be great.

Got it fixed

Got it fixed the next day. It was a broken encoder belt. Couldnt find a replacement untill we decided on a whim to got to the vacuum store. Turns out the belt matches one used on a dyson vacuum.(proof that the TMs suck) Got it on and back together for a few bucks. been working fine every since.

Got it fixed the next day. It was a broken encoder belt. Couldnt find a replacement untill we decided on a whim to got to the vacuum store. Turns out the belt matches one used on a dyson vacuum.(proof that the TMs suck) Got it on and back together for a few bucks. been working fine every since.

Good to hear.
Also auto parts stores are an alternate source, just take the belt with you and match the size.
Cheaper and quicker than the factory order.

Well I don't know if I follow you there...all machine belts eventually break.

You got a replacement the next day for what 12 bucks?

Sounds pretty good to me. Bet a factory replacement would not have been much more than the dyson version. (an encoder belt does not need to be horribly robust all it does is spin under hardly any load)

Replacement belts on my (now sold) Mazak lathe were quoted at 600 and 2 weeks delivery.

TMs may not suck as much as you think :D

It was just a joke about TM's sucking due to the fact that it uses the exact same belt as a vacuum. We tried auto part stores as well as industrial supply stores with no luck. Vacuum store was on the way home so we tried it and bingo.

Back