What's new
What's new

Haas SL20 Alarms: 106 and 114

david n

Diamond
I need a little help here and I'm sure it won't be a tough fix. I have a 114 alarm- Turret lock fault and a 106 alarm- A servo error too large. Where to I have to start looking for the problem? I have never had a Haas turret apart but I'm sure they are as simple as many other turrets out there. I doubt it's the clamp springs, but can't completely rule it out. I have always had clean dry air to the machine and she is a fairly low hour rig. Is there a prox sensor/switch that could be causing it? It's abviously taking too long to clamp or unclamp before the servo kicks in to rotate. Can I get at the guts of the turret from within the machine or do I have to go in from the back? How much sheet metal do I have to tear off? TIA

First verify your turret is pushing out far enough...I believe it should push out .160 before rotating. You check by manually entering the M code, Measuring Turret In / Turret Out position from Turret Back face to the face of Sheet-metal, Turret Box or whatever so you can verify the length...

If that is correct I'd look at the Proximity Switch on the Discrete Input page. Make sure it toggles from Hi to Low ( 0 / 1 ). If it's slow or does not toggle you can play with the switch location...mounted externally on the Air Cylinder. Mark it's location first so you can put it back in the correct location. Real sophisticated setup...clamped in place with a Hose Clamp...but it works.

If the turret is not pushing out/Retracting far enough...it can be several things...what I have had issue with-

--not enough Air Pressure, I had set to 85lbs...but was told to bump it up and I shouldn't see more then 10lbs of fluctuation at the gage/regulator. Dirty inline filters also gave me issue.

--the Big O-ring around the Turret came out of the groove and bound the turret from moving.

--the springs pushing the turret out broke.

--the Air Cylinder Ram End loosened up and disconnected from the Clamping coupling

--and lastly the Proximity switch took a dump.

SIM,
Thanks for the post but I got 'er figured out shortly after I psoted. Prox sensor lead on the cylinder worked it's way loose. All I had to do was spin it back on and I was back in business. It's nice to have a quick easy fix for once.

SIM,
Thanks for the post but I got 'er figured out shortly after I psoted. Prox sensor lead on the cylinder worked it's way loose. All I had to do was spin it back on and I was back in business. It's nice to have a quick easy fix for once.

I hear you on that.

I was happy when I found out it was just my Proximity switch that took a dump. Wasn't too happy when I realized what I had to do to change it...at least to change it the right way. On the SL-10 it entails removing a whole lot of "stuff" to route the cable...I said the hell with it and spliced it in...worked like a charm.

Glad to hear it was an EZ fix

Back