What's new
What's new

Anybody ever tie cnc into phone line

IN-Whitefeather

Plastic
Getting ready to attempt to tie our 07 EC400's into phone line to send me a text when a tool breaks or any other alarm. Anybody done this already or somthing similar? Program that we are running uses about 85 tools and takes 35+ hours. Also has anybody came up with a safety shut off for an air compressor in case of a bad air leak when the shop is unattended? In the event of a bad leak now my compressor would just run untill it locked up.

I just grabbed this quick. RACO - Alarm autodialers for remote monitoring, reporting, and control from RACO Google dial up alarm.
There are lots of alarm folks out there, I have even built a couple myself.

As for the air compressor you can buy a pressure switch from someone like Grainger that shuts down if the pressure goes below a certain level.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

For the compressor one way could be a time delay relay somewhere in the starting circuit that is set to open after a set time. You would have to figure out how long the compressor runs to regain pressure and set the relay time 50% longer.

This would protect against slow leaks that would keep the compressor running but not drop the pressure low enough for a low pressure cut-off switch.

Back