What's new
What's new

Alarm 304 with GT20 lathe

pfuhlman

Plastic
Hello everyone, am getting a 304 alarm with a Haas GT20 on first G03 block in a new program. Rounding off a square external corner, CCGT insert, tool tip is 3, here are the blocks leading up to it:

G01X1.005Z.005F.005
Z-.408
X1.117
G03X1.147Z-.423I0.K-.015 <- alarm[304] on this line

Moving up a short face then around to turn an OD. Z=0 is face of part. With or without a G17 at the top of the program, same result. Diameter mode, no cutter comp for now. This is 4th or 5th program, others were all G01 moves. Same programming tool and post.

What am I not seeing ??? Thanks for any help!!!

Hello everyone, am getting a 304 alarm with a Haas GT20 on first G03 block in a new program. Rounding off a square external corner, CCGT insert, tool tip is 3, here are the blocks leading up to it:

G01X1.005Z.005F.005
Z-.408
X1.117
G03X1.147Z-.423I0.K-.015 <- alarm[304] on this line

Moving up a short face then around to turn an OD. Z=0 is face of part. With or without a G17 at the top of the program, same result. Diameter mode, no cutter comp for now. This is 4th or 5th program, others were all G01 moves. Same programming tool and post.

What am I not seeing ??? Thanks for any help!!!

I try not to use I,J and K whenever possible (brain cell shortage from the 70's)
but I'd say that no matter what, your "I" would have to have a value other than zero.
Just use one letter - R.
Same line, put R.015 in place of I and K and you'll be off to the races.:cheers:

Thanks for the suggestion to use 'R' !!!

Ah-hem, too much time on mills... Oops, needed G18 (X-Z plane) instead of a G17 (X-Y plane).

Kudos to Haas support for pointing out the programming error within about two hours!

Neither the GT20 or the SuperMiniMill seem to have default circular interpolation plane values. But I haven't drilled into the settings or parameters to confirm that.

Ah yes, that would do it. Must have been in the beginning of the program.
Not familiar with the GT20 lathes.
I know all the older ones have default to xz plane.
I've never programmed on a lathe with y axis, so it never occurred to me.
Different controls also define I,J,K differently.
On HAAS it's incremental and directional, that's why I thought your "I" was off.
Most others I've used were absolute.
So I still have to peek in the book once in a while to make sure when I get those pesky program errors.

Back