What's new
What's new

Need Help with Haas Air System

mr. technical

Plastic
I just got a '91 Haas VF0-E mill (essentially a VF2 I've been told) that was the 'parts queen' at it's previous home, so I've got my work cut out for me trying to determine what used to be where, and what's not working as it should.

My current issue is that most of the air lines and components at the rear of the mill have been robbed, and the manual doesn't seem to have information on what should be there. I've heard that the type of air system will depend on whether I have an air/oil cooled spindle or a grease packed one. At this point, I don't know which kind I have.

Does anyone have any guidance or pictures of what the system, with an emphasis on the back 'apron' beneath the control cabinet, looks like? I'm dying to get this thing fully functional, and I can't do that with the 120 Low Air Pressure alarm always up. Thanks for any help!

Ian

I just got a '91 Haas VF0-E mill (essentially a VF2 I've been told) that was the 'parts queen' at it's previous home, so I've got my work cut out for me trying to determine what used to be where, and what's not working as it should.

My current issue is that most of the air lines and components at the rear of the mill have been robbed, and the manual doesn't seem to have information on what should be there. I've heard that the type of air system will depend on whether I have an air/oil cooled spindle or a grease packed one. At this point, I don't know which kind I have.

Does anyone have any guidance or pictures of what the system, with an emphasis on the back 'apron' beneath the control cabinet, looks like? I'm dying to get this thing fully functional, and I can't do that with the 120 Low Air Pressure alarm always up. Thanks for any help!

Ian

It sounds pretty close to the year and model of one at the shop.
Wish I had seen this before I went to work.
I won't be back in until monday 2nd shift.
If you haven't had any luck by then, I'll see if I can get you some info - a diagram or something.
Sounds like you're not sure what you have, don't have or supposed to have, and I'm not either.
Hopefully you don't need it "yesterday", lol.

Hey Mr. Rebel :)

It would be great to have your input whenever you get a chance. I wanted to attach a photo of what I have (or better yet, what I don't have), but the picture I have is too hi-res for the forum. If it would help you help me, I can PM it to you. Just let me know. Thanks!
Ian

Hey Mr. Rebel :)

It would be great to have your input whenever you get a chance. I wanted to attach a photo of what I have (or better yet, what I don't have), but the picture I have is too hi-res for the forum. If it would help you help me, I can PM it to you. Just let me know. Thanks!
Ian

No problem.
I meant to dig up that manual tonite (although Haas isn't known for being too informative) but they had me jumping like I was barefoot in a fire ant hill.
Started out running 2 lathes and a mill, with the mill run being load and unload for 5+ minutes for a 1 minute cycle.:willy_nilly:

I'll make a point of getting what I have when I go in tomorrow, 3:30 pm.
If you want, pm me your ph. # and about 8:30 - 9pm, I can walk behind machine and visually tell you everything back there to give you an idea of what it should be.
I'll verify the year, too.
I know she's old, but may be a year or two newer than yours, but even the new ones have the same basic design. There's not much too it. Regulator, manifold, etc.
That one blew an airline fri. nite and I need to double check my "emergency repair" anyway.:D

Got the picture diagram from the manual.
Can fax it to you or I might try to scan it and email it.
Don't want to post it here - the copyright cops might try to ticket me.:D;)
Ours is a 2001 model, but I'd bet most of this is the same.
Let me know.:cheers:

Back