What's new
What's new

USF-1 Auction machines

Laurentian

Stainless
Not a Haas expert by any means,
but did register in hopes of maybe getting the TL-1
No such luck, those machines sold high !
The TL-1 went for 23,000
The TM-1 went for 20,000
Waiting on a quote for a new TL-1,
probably going to be close if you factor in exchange,
buyers premium, rigging and so forth.
Anyone here buy anything ?

Asset Sales = High prices

Asset Sales + Bidspotter = Very high prices

Asset Sales + Bidspotter + Haas + Blabbing about auction on PM = Thru the roof prices.

Asset Sales = High prices

Asset Sales + Bidspotter = Very high prices

Asset Sales + Bidspotter + Haas + Blabbing about auction on PM = Thru the roof prices.

So right, :blahblah:
I'll send you a PM over the weekend Don,
Thanks and " touché "
Hugh

I follow F1 closely and by the amount of hardare the team actually produced I'd say all of that equipment has very little wear.

I remember seeing the USF1 videos on youtube and they were impressive. But, just as quickly as they build it up, I guess they're gone just as quick. Does anyone know how much did the autoclave go for? or the price for the rest of the stuff. I'm curious to know. Thanks.

The autoclave was pulled from the auction one day previous. I assume someone who was friends with someone bought it outright.

The Haas stuff went for - these are close #'s, I banished them from my mind since I didn't get the VF-7 I was going after -

VF-4 $46K
VF-4 $45K
VF-5TR 5 axis $85K
TL-1 $22K
VF-7 $115K!

Figure in the ridiculous 16% buyers premium, rigging costs and freight and it's went within peanuts of a brand new one. Granted it was barely used (if at all) but who wants the hassle of dealing with the riggers for no reason? Not me. I went to $95K after telling myself $85K was the limit. No regrets.

I think you're about 40K low on the vf 4's, I waited all morning to bid on them. I did work till 1am so I may have still been asleep. I don't recall anything being even remotely close to reasonable pricing.
Some bonehead paid $700 for 6 collet holders for gawd sakes.

The 5 axis was a vf2.

The sl30 went for over 70K.

You're right on the VF-4's, I had SL-20's on the brain for some reason. The SL-20's went for $45K-ish.

There was a VF2 5 axis, but there was also a VF5TR 5 axis machine in the sale. I almost went after it until I realized it was a 5 axis and not a 3 axis with a trunnion.

Anyway, the majority was overbid and it's either depressing or just simply unbelievable that a company (racing related or not) could drop that much cash in late '09 and be wrapped up by early '10.

So right, :blahblah:
I'll send you a PM over the weekend Don,
Thanks and " touché "
Hugh
LOL... I should have added "+ racing shop" to the calculations, as most race car outfits tend to attract folks to auctions with seemingly infinite funds. At most auctions if I get outbid by someone on a machine I will often ask the high bidder how high they would have gone and usually they say something like "oh, that was about it". But at race shop auction the reply is often "oh, whatever it would take"...or something equally idiotic.

In the colder months, I have a long sleeve dress shirt with "Mazak" and "Penske Racing" embroidered on the front that I bought on eBay years ago for 10 bucks, with the fantasy that perhaps that Penske illusion might scare off some other bidders :)

Ah ha.... found my notes:

SL-30 $70,000
SL-20 $47,500
SL-20 $46,250
TL-1 $23,000
TM-1 $20,000
VF-7 $115,000
VF-5TR $118,750
VF-2TR $82,500
VF-4 $85,000

Thanks TRK, I guess the economy must really be picking up. Even if those machines were loaded with options, with machines prices being so depressed back in 09' maybe USF1 even made a small profit in the auction. . . . .

Thanks TRK, I guess the economy must really be picking up..
Maybe it is a little, but the forumla I posted is most of it. Put the exact same machines in a non racing company, auctioned off by someone other than Asset Sales and you'd see very different numbers.

Maybe it is a little, but the forumla I posted is most of it. Put the exact same machines in a non racing company, auctioned off by someone other than Asset Sales and you'd see very different numbers.

I doubt anyone who's never seen the difference would believe it. Few years ago we bought an airco optical tracer burning machine for $750 at the auction of a shop that machined a lot of burnouts. 2 weeks later, Banjo Matthews' race shop was auctioned. He had the same airco machine, several years older. Banjo's shop was within a mile of the one where we'd bought the burner. 3 or 4 of the racer types start bidding, and Andy Petrie eventually bought the machine for $14,500. Fair market value of either machine at the time was $3000 to $3500 from most any dealer who happened to have one.

Back