What's new
What's new

Trunnion setup preferences?

russmill

Plastic
I've now got a used tr110 trunnion in my mini mill 2 and have been impressed with how rigid it actually is. I've been manually programming 3+2 positioning and need to finally submit a post order form to Gibbs so I can directly output code. Anyway I set the thing up with the part being the 'A' or 'C' axis (haas lets you easily swap them under a parameter) and the tilt being the 'B' axis. It seems that most people set the tilt as the 'A' and the part as the 'B'. I don't know that it matters or maybe there's something I'm missing, but I was just curious on what others have experienced setting up Haas trunnions. My tilt is along the X axis by the way, instead of the Y axis like the bigger trunnions tend to run. Any input appreciated:cheers:

The standard for rotary axis is supposed to be relational to the linear axis. They should be A axis rotates about X axis, B axis rotates about Y axis and C axis rotates about Z axis.

These standards are not always used. For instance on a Haas trunion the A axis does rotate about the X axis but the B axis is generally related to the Z axis.

I hope this helps. In the end I guess you could just do whatever you are comfortable with.

Have a Pic?

Do you have a pic handy of your table setup? I'm wondering some setup Q's along the same lines. VF3 with trunnion.

Back