What's new
What's new

Tool Release Button not Working

Bocuts

Plastic
I'm working on a VF-2 and The tool release button isn't functioning. I'm able to do tool changes and air come out of the spindle fine during them. But then i'm in MDI DNC and hit the tool release button on the side of the spindle nothing happens. I checked i believe it's like setting 76 the tool release lock and it's correct. Any tips or thoughts before i remove the cover?

The buttons go...

In the mean time, so you can use the machine, unlock the parameter and you can use the Tool Release Button on the console to remove/insert tooling.

It's possible one of the two leads fell off the switch/Button although not very likely...I usually just order button and replace when it comes in.

Removing and installing cover...relatively simple, but the Button/Switch is located within casting ribs and should be slid forward, then up and out to clear.

What SIM said. Be careful removing and reinstalling the spindle sheet metal. It's easy to bump the newly installed switch when putting the sheet metal back on and ruining it(the switch).

Like these guys said, simple change. Should only take a half hour or so to get the cover off, change the switch, and put the cover back on.

Back