What's new
What's new

Best Memory upgrade

customworks83

Aluminum
I have a 2007 Haas TM-1P and I've been getting all kinds of weird problems while I use DNC for some 3D parts. Looks like the program gets cut off in the middle of the program for no reason. I checked the RS-232 settings and they look fine but ni luck. what's the best memory upgrade from haas? I know the 16 MB upgrade is $1,095 but only One program I run requires 10.7 MB and I'd like to store more programs. The Haas site doesn't list a USB option either, does anyone know if you can run programs from a USB? I bought a floppy-to-usb converter only to realyze that the USB only stores such programs and transfers them to the machine's memory, I can't run my programs directly form the USB. Anyone help please.

-Andres

The Calmotion products work great for this at less cost.

I put their LanCNC product on my VF3 and it gives me the ability to DNC huge files without issue. I was having problems with large programs from my PC but this unit does DNC flawlessly.
LANCNC

107_1950.jpg

Are you sure you can run them from the USB, I have a 2008 tm3 and a 2008 sl30 and I remember doing it on one of them. The only problem I had was I could not search through to start the program from the middle.

You CAN run programs directly from the USB. I've run up to 80 MB programs (with some feedrates in the 500 IPM range) off my USB with absolutely no problems. The only limiting factor is that you can't edit the program unless you save it to the control memory first, and you can't use external subroutines. Internal subroutines are no problem.

Guys,

Thanks for all the replies. I was in such hurry to get my machine going that I purchased the 16MB memory upgrade from Haas. I can't beleive they charge so much for a memory upgrade it's not like they even come install more memory, the memory is allready there they just give you a simple code over the phone after they charge your credit card = [ . I did get a 10% discount after talking to a haas representative and got it going the same day. After being able to run my parts succesfulyl I have no regrets. The only problem is that I have to wait 20 minutes for each program to load, the DNC way I never had to wait a second! Overall I'm happy with the results

-Andres

What baud rate are you running on rs232?

I use a betatronics I232 setup and can run 115k baud. It will help with the data transmission problems because it's optically isolated. I've never had a transmission problem on any of the machines I have the I232 setup on.

BETATRONICS&reg, I232 Photos page for RS232 to RS232, Noise Immunity, Long Cable, High Baud Rate, DNC, send, receive, simple, isolation, Ethernet, network, RS-232, fast, E232, CAT-5, automatic, upload, download, vendor, supplier, manufacturer, indust

I'm using 115,200 as my baud rate.
The programs are about 8MB long. I'm glad I purchased the memory upgrade maybe it was the idea of spending over $1,080 for 16MB. Seriuosly, 16MB for $1,080 makes me think I'm in the 70's! My machine is running again like a champ and I get to cash in the results :)

=$.$=

Back