What's new
What's new

Safe to run TM-1P at max RPMs?

traderjphx

Plastic
Hey guys,

Is it ok to run at the max. rated RPMs on the machine? I have a TM-1P and will be pocket milling 6061 Al with a 1/4 end mill (3 Flute, Maritool). DOC is less than 0.150. I'd like to max our the RPMs and increase the feed rate, but just wondering what effects it will have on the spindle. Thanks.

I have a Tm-1P as well and I run my jobs at 5500 max. Does anyone have an excessive noise issue? My first machine was a TM-1 and I remember it being less noisy than this one, even the ones at my work place are less niosy. any toughts? back to your question... Run them at max! Haas has a reason for limitin to that RPM, it should be fine.

I have had a TM-1P for 3 years. I always run it at 6000RPM. Usually cut 6061 and some 7075. I think you will break tools before you need to worry about spindle load with a 1/4 tool.

I wouldn't worry about running it at 6000 RPM but I'd definitely run the spindle warmup program everytime before using it. It get the spindle at a temperature where the bearing clearances are correct for high RPM operation.

Paul T.

Tim, the TM1 and the TM1P have the exact same spindle, but for safety reasons Haas limits the max RPM on the TM1 to 4000 RPM since it doesn't have the full enclosure.

However this limit is set with a parameter that you can access and change to allow 6000 RPM operation.

I believe how to access and change the parameter was described in a previous thread in this forum, with some searching you should find it.

Paul T.
Power Technology

If you change the Pars for spindle speed be carefull when you first rigid tap. I had to do alot of tweaking to get the start/stop delay set right. However I did change the Rapids to the TM1-P settings and it worked fine. The pars for this are at the zone.

I run my 2007 TM-1P at 6000 most of the time since I cut with small diamter end mills into thin wall aluminum tubing (usually 6061 or 6063).

My load meter is way low though, never more than 8%.

Never had a problem.

It will run 6k with no problems. As for changing the speeds, there are more than just a "few" to change. I can probably help you with this, I am new to the site and dont know if you can pm me. So email me [email protected]

these spindles are made to run at all rpm's for hours at a time.
you shouldnt have any problems.
i never have

Back