What's new
What's new

Need Help, Haas 4th Axis

bell

Plastic
Hi All,

I got alarm 106 ( A servo error too large) when I was jogging A axis. I got the same alarm message after reset the machine, power up restart. I there any way to fix this problem? Thanks

What model is the indexer? Does it have a brake? Is air being supplied to release the brake?

Other than that, maybe phone the factory for a list of the parameters for your rotary and doublecheck that everything is set correctly.

We have same problem sometimes, overtighting of the parts can bind 4th axis turning, cable or encoder could be other causes.

My 5th and 4th axis attachments give me this error sometimes. I called my local Haas outlet, and they told me that there is a parameter that you can adjust that will correct this most of the time. It worked for me. I am trying to find out where I wrote down the parameter settings for the 4th axis, because I have the same model. If I manage to find them I will post them.

I would pull the cover and look at the drive belt, it might be loose or binding. The desiccant bag that was in there from the factory created this toxic goo when it mixed with the coolant on mine. It ate some of the teeth off the small pulley and plugged some of the teeth on the big one. It's a real joy working inside the enclosure.
ashort: You might be thinking of a 168 error?

As mentioned...the brake can stick and lock up your movement.

When you command a "Jog A" do you get a nice crisp burst of Air or more of a Lazy Arse Fart. If its the latter or nothing at all...try going back and forth between Jogging the A axis and some other one till the Air comes out in a Crisper Burst (Air Brake Releasing).

When I do not use mine for extended period I have to do that...pain in the butt.

Back