What's new
What's new

Z Axis Way covers for VF-1...source??

SIM

Titanium
Normally I would just go to Haas for parts...but this is one item I just find ridiculous...maybe because its just a few pieces of steel plate with shims tacked on for several hundred bucks.

So anyway, does anyone have a source, other then Haas to purchase those sliding covers for the Haas Z axis. If not I'll probably just have material sheared and tack in a few spacers and call it a day...but I'd rather just buy them, new or used.

Thanks

I damaged my z axis way covers with a part that is too big for my machine. They are dented so I want to remove them and straighten them out. Do I remove the row of vertical bolts on either side to remove them?

I damaged my z axis way covers with a part that is too big for my machine. They are dented so I want to remove them and straighten them out. Do I remove the row of vertical bolts on either side to remove them?

You will need to remove the vertical rail on one side but keep the top screw in the rail to keep all the pieces together. Reassembly can be a little tricky; with the loose rail attached at the top screw location, install the Z-cover, one by one. After adding each panel of the z cover, bring in the section of loose z rail that corresponds to that panel. After you have all the z cover panels in place and all the z rail pieces creating a slot for each panel, then install the remaining screws for the rail. The z way cover should rise and fall easily and without binding.

The first couple times can be frustrating because it will seem like you need three hands, but it is definitely doable.

Good luck!

Haasparts.com get a new "silent" way cover. $995 and shouldnt be an issue unless you smash into it with a part.

way cover for my vf3 was $400IIRC from HFO.

bang bang bang up
bang bang bang down

folds were too tight and they were slipping past each other.
had to pry open the fold to catch better.:toetap:

Back