What's new
What's new

NC Link Transfer Preferences?

Kevin Wilkins

Cast Iron
I've been using OneCNC's free NC Link program for the past 5 years to send programs to my 2005 TM1. It's a great program and I highly recomend it.

Problem is, my shop computer up and died on me and I can't find the note I made 5 years ago with the baud rate handshake crap settings in the NC link preferences!

I'll be setting up the new (to me) Dell 390 in the next couple of days and was wondering if anyone out there uses NC Link with a Haas machine and could check their RS232 settings... dead computers are a drag.

Thanks for any help!

Hi Kevin,
Granted its been a few yeaers since I had that problem thankfully, Check the settings for how its set up at your machine control and set your rs232 on the pc the same. Settings 11 thru 14 and maybe a few more.
Hope this helps,

Scott

Kevin,

NC Link has machine settings resident in the program. Click on utilities in the file menu and click on machine. Haas is on the list. It should have decent default settings for you.

Good luck.

Tom Lipton

Cool, I downloaded the latest NC link and saw the default settings. I dont think the version I started with 5 years ago had that feature! ;-) How time flys when you're having fun!

Got the Dell 390 all set up now and will take it into the shop this morning and try the hook up – when that works I'm back in business.

All I had to do was select the Com port I was using, select the Hass Preference in the machines list and BINGO back in business! NC Link is a really great freeware program for folks like me who only need to talk to one machine. It works great and I'm really happy it's working again after I had to replace my old computer.

The new (used) Dell 390 is also pretty cool!

Back