What's new
What's new

Haas program file extension

TimH

Hot Rolled
I asked this question before but I can't find my post so I'm asking again. I wrote a program for my Haas using wordpad. The *.txt file extension doesn't work. What file extensiion do I use for the Haas. Controller is 2006 if it makes a difference. thanks Tim

Are you using a floppy to transfer the program?

If so you need to type the windows filename.txt then press read from floppy.

If your using rs232 the filename is the o word at the top of the program.

Interesting. I label mine with .has , .txt, .ass, .ect. They all work for me

Did you start and end your program with %?

Are you using F3 to start the transfer?

I pasted a couple of programs together on my pc because editting is a PITA on the control. I used the % in the proper places and name is correct. I don't write programs on my PC normally. Last time I did this the machine wouldn't recognize the *.txt file extension. I don't recall what extension someone here told me to use. Funny thing is, when I sent the files to the floppy they didn't have an extesion coming from the machine.

.ncc

What has worked for me in the past is to use save as and save the file
with the .ncc at the end of the name.
So if the file name is fs1 then I would save it as fs1.ncc

Silly question but do you have the hide extensions of know file types turned off in the pc? It's possible to have a filename.txt.txt if the extension is hidden.

Just a thought here. When you save the program are you using the drop down box that gives you the option

save as .txt or are you setting it to
Save as all files? you have to use the second one if your puting an extention on it

O1234.has
then set pull down to save as all files
click save

at control :
Programs
all
insert disk
type O1234.has
then F3

Last edited:
One of my newer Haas mills is picky about program number format. It requires 5-digit program numbers eg. O12345. The older ones use only O1234.

The file extention I use is either .has or .txt

This may sound stupid, but I once read not to use Wordpad to edit programs because of some type of error it can cause but to use Notepad. I for the life of me can't remember the exact problem but I have always used Notepad after reading that. Sorry it's not much of an explanation and .txt is all I use.

Curtis

One of my newer Haas mills is picky about program number format. It requires 5-digit program numbers eg. O12345. The older ones use only O1234.

The file extention I use is either .has or .txt

It doesn't like the txt extension I finally gave ( I was in a hurry to get make chips ) so I edited on the machine.

This may sound stupid, but I once read not to use Wordpad to edit programs because of some type of error it can cause but to use Notepad. I for the life of me can't remember the exact problem but I have always used Notepad after reading that. Sorry it's not much of an explanation and .txt is all I use.

Curtis

Hmmm, I didn't save as a standard Wordpad file, but I did use Wordpad. Food for thought

Use no formatting, or file extentionsand leave out the "O" on the program number.

Put your disk or USB devise in the machine, press F4 to read then enter your program number and press F3.

Insert device, press F4, then enter program number 1234 (or whatever) and press F3.

That's the way I load my machines.

Back