What's new
What's new

Haas DT-1 at IMTS? anyone look?

SND

Diamond
Just curious if anyone took a look at the DT-1 at IMTS (assuming they must have had one there??) and if there is any more feedback on it?

I "saw" it there. I didn't dwell on it much tho.

Small footprint.
Seemed quick on toolchanges.

Not sure what else there is to say about it... ???

I would give it the time-of-day if I was looking to pair up a small mill with a nother machine for a "cell" setup.

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I saw one in action when they unveiled it at their demo days. It looked fast and the toolchanges were fast. It was around 50k, and the machine had an optional midaco pallet changer that was around 30k. It looks like a nice machine but it's too close to the price of a robodrill or brother.

Main curiosity for me is just to know if they really are serious about trying to compete with the robodrills and brother machines, and if Haas did set up enough on quality/design and everything to potentially make them a player in that category of machines.
It does have a couple neat standard features like 20tools and 15,000rpm. Would be interesting to know if there's any of them currently being tried out in 24/7 production.

I believe it was listed at about $45 at the show display.

It will never change toys with the speedo of the robo as it has an "offline" carousel with arm. I am not sure if there is any benefits to this? Possibly a larger tool inventory that one of you may have mentioned? (I don't know how many a Robo has)

The fact that it does NOT have an "umberella" changer is a dandy start!

---------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

There are machines in the Brother line that also have the tool changer arm, and the tools stored in another compartment instead of the spindle carousel or turret, and they are darn fast too. But I definitely do wonder about the haas version of it. From the video here it looks like its changing fast, but the ramp up and down of the spindle seems to really slow down the whole chip to chip time VS the robo/brother machines.Maybe some of it is just delays in the programming.

Haas has 20+1 tool, robodrill/brother are 14 or 21, and more for those that have the tool storage in another compartment like the TC-32B(30-40tools?)

YouTube - HAAS CNC DT1.wmv

Looks like they're finally starting to have a few more videos of it in action emerging.
Still not much feedback anywhere on it though. I wonder how many have been made and sold so far, any one talk to sales guys recently?

YouTube - DT1

(Same part as in the imts video it seems, which makes me wonder if its one or 2 machines for all the videos out there?)

YouTube - L&W Haas DT1

Back