What's new
What's new

Online training courses for VF Series HAAS

Dick L.

Aluminum
Haas anyone used any online training courses for Haas mills? Was it worth the time?
Looking for a source of online training that would familiarize new workers with the control set-ups and code . Something they could access at thier convienience.

Thanks,
Dick

LearnHaas.com and ToolingU both have good programs. LearnHaas.com is better for specifically learning the Haas control.

Thanks for the input, I had looked at Tooling U but not the others. I appreciate the leads.

Thank you !

Anything new on this? learnhaas.com isn't working for me. The website seems to be down or shut down. I don't know. My shop just received a new VF-4 and are having difficulties using the GUI system. We are very competent with the green screen interface on or Fadal 4020 VMC. We are looking for something that can walk us through setup of parts and setting up the probing system. We were under the impression, when the machine was ordered, that training was part of the contract. Well, come to find out, due to our location, the training isn't part of the deal. Long story short; we the operators and the persons configuring the machine weren't shown that part of the contract and the supplier now wants an additional $20,000 to provide 5 days of training. So now it's up to us to learn the machine ourselves. otherwise we have a very pretty 14k lb. floor weight.

Anything new on this? learnhaas.com isn't working for me. The website seems to be down or shut down. I don't know. My shop just received a new VF-4 and are having difficulties using the GUI system. We are very competent with the green screen interface on or Fadal 4020 VMC. We are looking for something that can walk us through setup of parts and setting up the probing system. We were under the impression, when the machine was ordered, that training was part of the contract. Well, come to find out, due to our location, the training isn't part of the deal. Long story short; we the operators and the persons configuring the machine weren't shown that part of the contract and the supplier now wants an additional $20,000 to provide 5 days of training. So now it's up to us to learn the machine ourselves. otherwise we have a very pretty 14k lb. floor weight.

If you could arrange some helicopter and jet time, I would come there myself to do some training.

Try this link for a mill programming workbook.
http://www.egr.unlv.edu/~kevinn/CNCworkbooks/MillProgrammingBook.pdf

Also, check out the Haas Automation, Inc. | CNC Machine Tools | The Leader in CNC Machine Tool Value and scroll to the bottom of the page. You will find a lot of information under the Haas Resources header. You should also be able to find a lot on You Tube as well.

Hopefully others will offer some more info to help you out.

Good luck!

Wherabouts are you at? We've got an apps engineer in Dubai and another in Bahrain right now that could probably help you out if you're close enough.

Stu

Wherabouts are you at? We've got an apps engineer in Dubai and another in Bahrain right now that could probably help you out if you're close enough.

Stu

That is a wonderful gesture, I hope it can work out. But careful what you ask for - if were navy seals it may be the boys will come get them, late at night all quietly and quickly - just saying. :D

You got to love purchasing on GSA and how it "saves" our money.:mad5:

I definitely appreciate the offer, but we are nowhere near close enough. We are in Japan. I'm really starting to wish we hadn't gone mainstream and went with a Haas machine. After using one I wish we had gone with a centroid, they are so simple and user friendly.

I'd set up a Skype connection on an iPad or similar device, and get hold of the guys who sold you the machine, or HAAS directly. They should be able to walk you through what you need to know standing in front of the machine. In this day, unless you're total dolts, there is little need to send a real tech onsite, AND you can typically get a tech who actually knows something, since you're not limited to the techs they send out.

I'd set up a Skype connection on an iPad or similar device, and get hold of the guys who sold you the machine, or HAAS directly. They should be able to walk you through what you need to know standing in front of the machine. In this day, unless you're total dolts, there is little need to send a real tech onsite, AND you can typically get a tech who actually knows something, since you're not limited to the techs they send out.

No wifi, 3g, or wired connections available for skype in the building. Cant use any other company or factory rep other than the supplier. Would be considered breach of contract. Does that $20K for 5 days of training seem normal or waaaaaaaay out there?

Last edited:
We, USNONR paid 4k for 3 days for a 350 mile round trip from PA to MD.

Breach of contract??

Is the training not separate from the sale of the machine since it is not included in the original contract, therefore not a breach of contract.

$20K for training? My entire college didn't cost that much and I finished in 97!

For learning the control search for 'Helicopter John' on You Tube. That guy has really good videos that are short and very instructional. I didn't even know what our probe was all about until I saw his video. Excellet Excellent

If all youre' doing is stuff that you'd do on a centroid then I'd also get a simple 2-D CAD package. There are many and you can get a good one for less than $2K. We use OneCNC for the kind of work you'd be 'programming' on the machine. They also have a lot of excellent intuctional videos on YouTube.

$20K for training? My entire college didn't cost that much and I finished in 97!

For learning the control search for 'Helicopter John' on You Tube. That guy has really good videos that are short and very instructional. I didn't even know what our probe was all about until I saw his video. Excellet Excellent

If all youre' doing is stuff that you'd do on a centroid then I'd also get a simple 2-D CAD package. There are many and you can get a good one for less than $2K. We use OneCNC for the kind of work you'd be 'programming' on the machine. They also have a lot of excellent intuctional videos on YouTube.

Yes, $20K for 5 days of training. I can't divulge all of the details, but thats what we were quoted. I'll have to check out the Youtube guy. As far as CAD/CAM, we run a severely outdated version of FeatureCam and it's horrible to draw and post with. I want us to get MasterCam or at least update out FeatureCam, but getting funding for that is just about impossible.

Back