What's new
What's new

user input problems

IN-Whitefeather

Plastic
We were having problems with or new vf2ss breaking .031 drills before they were even touched up on probe. I believe I fixed the problem by setting tool to "heavy" to slow down the tool changer. I think it was whipping the tool into place so fast it was breaking, then it would touch up broken drill and procede to reak havoc on part. I also put in a "tool breakage detect" with a 0.05 tolerance before the "tool length set". We set the tool stickout very precisly each time we change drills(1 per part). As an added measure I want to put in a user input where the operator has to enter a c(continue) or a s(stop) and visually inspect drill before proceding. My problems are the machine doesnt blink/or beep while waiting for user input and Operator cant restart program after user input question because program will stop on question and no input will make it procede. I even tried to block delete user input line and machine still gets hung up on it. I know I can just use an old fashion M00(check drill) but I wanted to try somthing new. Thanks

Could you post the part of your program
I think #1139= 0 (AUDIBLE ALARM OFF) and #1139= 1 (AUDIBLE ALARM ON)
may help let your operator know its time to check the drill I would like to see how you are doing the user in put if you could post that part of you program

Back