What's new
What's new

2003 VF-3 (help)

Grose710

Plastic
Hey guys, my company is looking into this Vf-3 it's a 2003, we currently have a 2007 Vf-4 apc and it works great and were looking at adding more CNC's. My question is what should i look out for in a 2003? any things that i should take into consideration?

Have any of you guys and major issues with one?

here is the link to the one were looking at

Haas VF-3D Vertical Machining Center w/PreWire - emachinetool.com

i'd appreciate your inputs

Thanks!

TOO MUCH $$$$
One of my customers bought this2007 VF-3 loaded, 10k spindle, 2 speed gear box, 300 psi TSC,30 hp, 40 ER and DA holders with about 200 collets, 3 Kurt 688's, 2 6" kurt double vises, HRT-210 with 5c air closer, extended mem, vqc,plus a bunch of other stuff. He gave 45K for it delivered.

as far as what to look for,
Spindle noise "run a good warm up cycle"
Axes lash "put an indicator in the spindle then run a bunch of G91 rapids" your looking for repeat.
listen to the screws.
Gouges in the table are a good sign of abuse.
way cover condition.
NEVER buy unseen!!!

Attachments

• vf3.jpg
    vf3.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 175
Wow!! that is a great deal, if i would have seen that it would have been a steal!!

And thanks for the advice i will look for all those things, but you know what i think the bad part of it is??

Is that its at one of those machine dealers, and i dont believe the machine is wired up. So if thats the case that will play a big part in decision making.

Wow!! that is a great deal, if i would have seen that it would have been a steal!!

And thanks for the advice i will look for all those things, but you know what i think the bad part of it is??

Is that its at one of those machine dealers, and i dont believe the machine is wired up. So if thats the case that will play a big part in decision making.

Here's your sign..........

I wouldn't buy a car without a test drive.........and I've never spent 45K+ on a car.
As posted above, you need to hear the spindle and test the backlash, do some tool changes, maybe cut a test piece to check out accuracy and finish, etc.

That's true, well one of our guys will be goin out to test the machine and all....
but thanks for the advice in things to look out for, if any more please post

Back