What's new
What's new

Tool counts in Subs??

SIM

Titanium
So I bought a new SL-10 so I can swap programs between two machines...

The new interface is just a trip...

Anyway, I got most of it figured out...but what needs to be done to get the machine to count Tool Calls in Sub-Program?
A good portion of my multi-part programs I just loop. The machine disregards tools called in these Sub-Programs. Tool is called 100 times in my Looped program and the machine shows it was used once...

Hopefully I am missing something...

I havnt found any way to force a count yet. I generaly just wright a #501 macro count then set the count to call a #1000 message alarm for tool ussage.

Is this a Haas only feature?

I am not familier with it?

What exactly does it doo? Just count how many time you load a toy?

If so what would be the purpose of this info?

I can see monitoring the time "in the cut" on any particular tool if you have a long run job and are using tool management, but how many times it loads wouldn't seem to mean much.

???

--------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

g-coder05, I was afraid of that response. Not sure I have macros on the machine...I do know I haven't used a macro before.

Ox, I guess it's Haas's attempt at tool management. On the older machine it would just increment each time you called the tool. You can set a limit at any number and the machine would give a Tool Usage Alarm when the tool was called that many times...for me, it just gave me a part count. 500 calls...500 parts.

On the new machine it looks like you can set the machine up to change over to a new tool after so many uses...but if the machine discounts a tool call in subs, I need to find a new way to create programs.

I really wanted to run the same program in any machine utilizing the same everything...oh well.

Ox, like sim said "Haas attempt at tool life management" We know we can get 2500 holes on this one job out of a 12mm mitsubishi drill before regrind. We set a macro count to time out at 2400 then just swap tools rather risk it.

SIM,
If you have macros here's how it would be used
#500 = #500+100 (100 being parts incrememnted)
IF#500 =(how many you want)THEN #1000 "This will bring up your alarm screen with whatever message you typed in"

IF#500 =(how many you want)THEN #1000 "This will bring up your alarm screen with whatever message you typed in"
I have grown to prefer using GE instead of EQ in my IF arguments.

I have had too many times when things got reset just right to jump the Equal count and have the IF statement not work.:rolleyes5:

Appreciate the Macro...looks like the old "Basic" code from when I was first learning about computers in high school...when "I Knew I would never ever use a computer in my life after I got out of that class"...LOL...how things change.

Thanks, I'll play with it later.

This is probably obvious, but can you put a tool call in the main program somwehere, even if it is redundant? I have a VF-2 with side mount tool changer and I have to pre-stage tools in the main program because the control seems to ignore tool pre-staging in local subs.

Man - what is it with the subs here? :confused:

So if you have a master prog just to add werkshifts and then run the prog in a sub, you kant doo many normal functions in the sub?

That would be an issue for about 1/2 of the sub apps that I have! :eek: :willy_nilly:

--------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

This is probably obvious, but can you put a tool call in the main program somwehere, even if it is redundant? I have a VF-2 with side mount tool changer and I have to pre-stage tools in the main program because the control seems to ignore tool pre-staging in local subs.

It's a lathe and I call 5 tools from within the sub running two work coordinates....But your right It might just be easier to do two redundant tool calls on the loop if I decide not to run the macros.

Man - what is it with the subs here? :confused:

So if you have a master prog just to add werkshifts and then run the prog in a sub, you kant doo many normal functions in the sub?

That would be an issue for about 1/2 of the sub apps that I have! :eek: :willy_nilly:

--------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

It a bar puller Program where I make 120 pieces from a bar. I write a program with two parts per pull utilizing two work coordinates, then loop it as many times as needed. When I am ready to run I toss a bar in the machine go to the Tool Usage page, zero it out, enter in how many parts I need t fill order...by entering a Tool Usage amount. The I just keep feeding the machine till the Tool usage alarm comes on. Made it real simple.

It could be done other ways...it's just I have 40-50 Proven Programs already written for the machine and I would like to have been able to just transfer the same program from one machine to the other without tweaking anything.

Setting 187 will allow the M30 part counter to also count the M99 used by subs. If you recall already selected tools, make sure setting 87 is off; or the overrides will be reset.

Correct me if I am wrong...but setting 187 is "Machine Data Echo"

Umm good point...the machine counts the subs and displays the M30 count. Only problem there is we run multiple parts per sub so it's not a true part count.

Back