What's new
What's new

finding sed haas machines

MBG

Hot Rolled
finding used haas machines

Does anybody know a good listing websites for used haas machines?

I am looking for a nice used tm-1p. I read another guy on another forum picked a really nice one for 21k.

Unforunately TM-1's don't come up for sale as often as other Haas machines, I guess a combo of not being as popular and perhaps more likely to be used in a toolroom environment where you don't have as high a machine turnover rate. The good news is when you do find them, their toolroom nature means they often have pretty low miles.

You have to be resourceful to find them, there's no one place to look, and you might have to look out of your area. Ebay of course and Craiglists in the large cities, and also check the for sale forum here, there was one on here a few months ago. Google TM-1P regularly and you'll see them occasionally pop up.

Good luck-

Paul T.
Power Technology

Actually, they come up for sale quite a bit. It's just that they sell pretty fast due to the low cost and they fit into a garge or small workshop. They are pretty popular with the home shop guys. If you find one that will work for you, you better jump on it. You have to remember too that there has been a rush to buy good used equipment in the last 6 months or so. The large selections and reasonable prices have all but disappeared on all brands.

There 3 here mid page:

Used Machining Centers, Vertical - Machining Centers Listed For Sale - MachineTools.com

Talk to Jon at Universal Machinery. He'll tell you the same thing. If you find one, jump on it.

Universal Machinery Sales is an Authorized HAAS Rotary distributor. We offer a full line of HAAS Rotary products designed for maximum productivity.

This place seems to have them and many other Haas machine from time to time.

"Save" an ebay search, and have ebay send you emails whenever the item is listed.

Whatever the item, that's the only way to get an idea of what the market is for a specific item, since ebay refuses to send emails when sales are transacted.

Bought my TM-1 about 6 months ago. They do go quick, as others have said shops that have them tend to keep them since they are probably paid off and don't take up much space. Home guys buy them since they can stuff them about any ware and run them off single phase power.

To get mine I hunted and waited for the right machine, w/ cash.

2004 or newer w/tool changer, ridged tap, preferably 4th ready and low hours.

I hit the jackpot off e-bay by contacting the seller directly within 1 hr of his listing. Privet seller, 05' w/ everything I wanted including real low hrs asking $20k. I offered $17k cash and they took it ending the auction early. Being a privet seller there was no extra pallet fees and truck loading fees.

Make sure the seller has the Haas shipping spindle stop to lock the Z axis down for transport. Also if you truck freight it have the seller wrap it in a white tarp like Haas does with the new machines. Yes protects it but it also shows areas of any shipping damage when you get it. I just bought one online and had it delivered to the seller to use.

Have not see many TM-1P's used for sale. Might have a wait a bit to find it.:cheers: Good luck on your hunt.

Mark

Metaltech 4x4 Protection Evolved

Back