What's new
What's new

Trying to enable Repeat Rigid Tapping?

helocat

Aluminum
Was told about repeat rigid tapping, sounds good, have the custom post now for my CAM program and tried following the Haas website on how to turn it on.

Haas Automation, Inc. - CNC Machining Magazine -

Haas says:
You need to enable parameter 57, bit 7, REPT RIG TAP. Set this value to 1. This enables repeatable rigid tapping and will allow you to peck tap any hole.

I am told my 05' TM-1 does have this but I cant find the setting in parameter 57. Is the bit 7 a shift off the parameter 57 page for this? Just nothing called REPT RIG TAP on this page with my mill. I scrolled though all the parameter pages looking for a separate bit 7 page, nothing.

Anyone?

Mark

The mill is a May of 05' TM-1

Not sure about the parameter 57, but on my TM3 2007 model.

Go to settings type in 133 then down arrow to search for setting 133, it should be repeat rigid tap, arrow left/right to turn on.

Glad to help, I wondered why they have it turned off by default or what the advantage of having it off could be. Only thing I can think of is that it taps a little quicker with it off since the spindle does not have to align after each hole.

Glad to help, I wondered why they have it turned off by default or what the advantage of having it off could be. Only thing I can think of is that it taps a little quicker with it off since the spindle does not have to align after each hole.

I think its a sold option in some mills but don't know for sure. I think they keep it off since one way to speed up any computer is to lesson the operations going on in the background. I am reaching here but all I can think of!

Again thank you for your help. Just ran parts today using it for the first time and paired with my new MariTool ER32 floating tap tool holder.

Mark

Back