What's new
What's new

HAAS HL-2 Alarm 162 B Axis Overload

Loner Industries

Cast Iron
When I fired up my HL this afternoon I got a following error in the b axis it cleared after a couple of resets and power ups. Anyway I just ran a program that required the live center and it seems my tail stock is stuck now since I am getting the B axis overload. I haven't had this machine all that long and this actually the first time I have had to use the tail stock.

Any ideas? Is it just stuck or something? I am not sure if the following error has anything to do with the 162.

Well I just did a drive board swap and it appears that the B Axis board is toast. The crazy thing is I just put an A axis board in a week ago. Could it be a by chance or could something be taking boards out on my machine?

Also is there a place I can send my old board out to be repaired? Dropping $400/board is no kind of fun when they are this close together.

Check the power supply.

From the breaker and through the cabinet dc power supply.

Could be a case of bad timing / coincidence but I'd check out what you can, don't want to keep smoking bords if you can help it

Ya I checked all of my source voltages before I changed out the A axis board. The boards also have fuses on them so I am just going to order another board and hope for the best.

Back