What's new
What's new

Jammed VF2

Rossco

Aluminum
So have a ATC change arm jammed on the VF2, and it doesn't seem to want to move at all. Ran throu all the recovery modes possible, but it isn't moving.

Anyone come across similar circumstances?

Its a VF2 with a side ATC- change arm is jammed a swap position.

When pushing ATC FWD to home the arm, depending on the arm position, you have to push that button a BUNCH of times to get it all the way home. I believe each button push moves the arm 1º or something to that affect. You can't just hold the button down either.

I'm curious why it stalled? Did feedhold get pushed during a tool change?

Tried pushing ATC fwd god knows how many times. Arm is jammed up in tool change position. No tool on spindle, and ATC is clear 3 spots either side. Carosel will rotate, but change arm doesn't move at all.

From what was passed on to me operator opened doors mid-cycle and jam is result of it?

Opening the doors should only reduce tool change speed to 25%, so something else must be going on. With rapids set to 5% (in case it works), can you try to push on the arm while pushing ATC fwd or reverse? I'm not much for diagnostics beyond push/pry/hammer on stuff to see if it shakes things loose. :)

I'm about to go that route also..gentle persuasion:D

Got it back to orgin- took a little TLC, but its up and runnin!

Last edited:
Opening the doors should only reduce tool change speed to 25%...

This feature was not in earlier firmware revisions so it may not apply to the machine in question.

I've had several instances where the recovery procedure did not work with our side mount changer. The solution was to power-down and power-up until the machine finally snapped out of it's confused state.

Doug

Back