What's new
What's new

Tooling for Haas office mill om2a

I have just got my Office mill in the shop ( although locked)
and am planning to tool up.
any suggestions on a suitable quality vice

I am not into the chiness stuff only like quality made tooling.
Have heard about Kurt but never seen one

Doug

If you are looking for a basic single vice, I would get a Kurt. They have pretty much been the standard for years and easy to get parts for. Many special jaws available etc., as they set the standard.

Do not buy a cheap import, They will not have the clamping power of the Kurt and I have seen them actually break in half when tightened. You will kick yourself later.

Mike

How big is the table on that OM?

Last I saw the table on an OM is tiny....don't think a standard Kurt 688 is going to fit.

I'd be looking at a toolmakers vise or just use custom fixtures, mitee bites etc.

will Kurt 4" fit in there?

Don't know I've never seen one in person to know how big they are.

I was looking a the OM's a month ago for a friend that is in the dental industry. I would go over a 4" since I think its 12 x 12 travel. I would not go over a 4" in a kurt, the crazy thing is that a 4" is more than a 6".

Hi Doug

I have a 200mm Geradi on my OM2 and it is a great set up. The fast change jaws are fantastic. Pm me if you want me to send you a photo with it on the Bed

Great to see another OM2 around Aussie. Doug you obviously are going to make clocks with it?

Regards

Rob

Back