What's new
What's new

Toolroom mill I/O pin out Question

Dick L.

Aluminum
We have a toolroom mill and we want to interface a robot with it. We want the mill to be in a hold position until the robot is clear. Looking for a pin to send a signal to that would see a code in the top of the program. Until we were clear with the robot we would want the code to hold the machine, when satisfied allow the cycle to start. Does anyone have any experience interfacing with a machine like this ?
There is a P18 and P17 on the left side of the I/O board that appear to be unused.

Thanks for any input you can provide,

Dick

Add a M relay code to your program. This will tell the robot the mill is ready to be fed by the robot. When the robot is finished have it close the M F-in circuit (M relay wait) to tell the mill the robot is clear. Anything more than this will require macros as far as I know.

Thanks for the response. We are using the m-code relay now but wanted to have something where if there was a fault within the robot an operator couldn't accidently hit reset on the machine control and run the cycle while the robot was present in that space. I know it should be obvious but we've been proven wrong along these lines before.

Dick

Back