What's new
What's new

way sprayer stopped working?

olympictool1

Aluminum
i have a vf2-ss i believe its a 2009 if i remember correctly and it came equipped with a sprayer just above the y axis way. It recently stopped working. i noticed that the hose runs from the pump and then up to the top of the spindle assembly and then back down through that cavernous area to the way, and it seems as if it has lost its siphon. Any one had this problem or know of a quick fix? i was going to reroute the hose through the bottom of the machine but there is much room and i dont want to take a chance of the z axis hitting it.

The sprayer should have it's own line...comes out of the distribution block on the left side/end, attached with a garden hose coupler and routed through the center of the casting to the nozzle above the way cover. Take the 2 cap screw off the nozzle, disconnect the line at the distribution block and try to blow air through...you might need to go in through the nozzle side with a piece of welding rod as it usually gets clogged where the rubber line joins a piece of steel tubing behind the nozzle.

Back