What's new
What's new

Help X over travel alarm R

DobermanDave

Cast Iron
On my 2004 mini mill I was putting an .003 in the offset tool #4 on the length wear offset. I see an rs232 pop up & now I get the X over travel on all programs. All x offsets in the work zero page are in the - range. But when I looked 1 offset X was 4.502 so I changed it to a -4.502.

Still get the same alarm, not in program as I tried old prgs in the control.

:willy_nilly:

I do have a backup from 05-18-2011 of the priam & Setting, would it help to restore them? If so I forgot how to do that.

Dave

Check the G92 field in the workoffsets!
Perhaps somehow you've mistyped something and changed it!
On a Haas that sticks!

Ok it's working the G54 X should have stayed at -13.2271, I don't know how it could have changed to 4.502 as I just changed the lenght on 1 tool from 0. to .003.
I had run 1 part & was going to run another. Software bug? Running ver 13.03N.

Never heard of a software bug that would do as you described.

Not trying to insult you but I would guess operator error.

If this problem does not come back then I would chalk it up to that. If it does, then you would need to be able to reproduce the problem to accurately troubleshoot.

Never heard of a software bug that would do as you described.

Not trying to insult you but I would guess operator error.

If this problem does not come back then I would chalk it up to that. If it does, then you would need to be able to reproduce the problem to accurately troubleshoot.

It was probably my error, but the something quick flashed on the screen about RS32 (I don't even use the RS32) still has me wondering.
Just as I entered the .003 in the tool length the RS32 flashed by.

It's possible that the keypad could be at the early stage of going out.

Keep an eye out for any other abnormalties.

Thanks, I sure will. BTW I bought this new in 2004 & have now 652 total hours on it. Don't run it much so it ain't worn out, LOL

Back