What's new
What's new

Haas website prices, accurate?

SND

Diamond
Haas I think has the best website of any machine tool builder(others should learn) and they list a lot of their prices, options and such, great. I'm just wondering how accurate it is vs. when you get in contact with the dealer, do the options end up costing less, do they deal on machines already built with what you need, is here some unknown extra stuff that can get thrown on, much different between dealers depending on your location? or is website price what you get? I never called the dealer to find out so I'm curious.

The dealers don't budge much on the machine price except for high dollar ones, but give discounts on the options. Right now they just had Demo-Days on wednesday and up until 9/23 you can get a 5% factory discount off the price of any machine.

I am ordering a MM2 on Monday. The machines come off the line built to order with a lead time, for the MM2, it is 2-3 weeks.

I noticed that my local HFO (Thomas Skinner) has a 'sale' on right now.

The 'gist'

Buy new before Nov 30, 2011, and ...

10% down
No payment 6 mos.
4.9% financing for 36 mo. or 5.9 for 48.
And write off 100% (what ever that means... IDK)

Subject to equip being delivered by Dec 31,2011.

It caught my attention because I just got approval from my city to start my business in my garage! So I'm renovating it now, but I think I'm going to talk to the local Thomas Skinner and see when the last possible time I can come do the paperwork to still qualify for the deal. Looking to buy a TL-1.

I bought a VF2SS back in March and paid the price quoted on the web. From what I remembered after you build your quote, you could send the quote to the dealer. The dealer then called me a couple days later. The quote the dealer gave me was the same, but included shipping/rigging and the local taxes added on. They did throw in the high intensity lighting as a bonus, which was cool.

The base price of the machine will stay the same. The options get a % discount based upon the total cost of options. In other words, spend on more options get a bigger discount.

Back